• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SuperPete SHO Build record

Started by SuperPete, January 12, 2020, 09:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

I am plugging in compressor closing my intake system, pumping 15PSI in to it and looking for a leak until I find something
Thank you
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

HD-Rugby

SuperPete

Yes, two clams were lose AND, i was reading forum about throttle body mass flow sensor getting coated with oil and not giving correct readings to the computer, well I cleaned the sensor with brake cleaner and my waist gate went back to normal, dropped by 10% down.
So to all of you without catch can there, clean your sensors every oil change...

Now, after all tuning finished and done verdict is: I NEED NEW TURBOS:  https://youtu.be/TI_p9hhuKyc

Macgyver

They have a MAF cleaner. Not sure how brake cleaner does. Although I am sure it could be a charge more per can since it cleans a specific thing.

SuperPete

Brake cleaner is pretty much same thing, no issue, Thats all I had available and it works well.
thank you

SuperPete

UPDATE, May 20, 2020

Driving down the freeway, car just quits on me, feels like no fuel, pulled in to the side, tried starting it, cranks but no start, WOW
Right there I start to blame XDI-35 fuel pump.
Sitting thinking what to do, e-mailed XDI and Matt Robinson at Grearhead.
Called my wife to come get me, thinking to swap back to stock fuel pump.
5 min later got reply from Matt, he gave me his number and asks me to call, so I did, we talked and he was very confident its the fuel pump module.
He told me to unplug the fuel line before XDI, crank and see if any fuel comes out, I did that and not a drop of fuel came out during 5 seconds of cranking, so he told me to get a  new module.
BTW, XDI never replied, 5 days now already....

I called local dealer and they had one on the shelf, by that time my wife pulled up.
Went to the dealer, got the module, parts guy tells me that there is a recall on it, I turned to service manager and asked him if I get it for free, he says sorry NO, you have to bring vehicle in it's a law, I was like what ever, give me module I am out.
Came to the car, plugged the module car started right up, SOLD!

Now, two days later I get recall notice in the mail about this stinking fuel pump module, I called ford spoke to representative told them how local dealer did not want to pay for the module, Ford told me to go back and demand the money back they should.
So I am back on the horn, called service manager, he sure remember me, I told him what Ford told me, he says fine, but there is a trick to it, I still have to bring car in just so they can track this as a service, then once they get paid for this recall they can send me a check, fine Appointment schedule...

Module Part# (same for all tauruses and explorers) AA8Z-9D370-B
Recall issued number: 16S31

Here is the video of how where and what:  https://youtu.be/BQQFMXwIXk0