• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SuperPete SHO Build record

Started by SuperPete, January 12, 2020, 09:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

UPDATE
February 2, 2020, got myself a B-Day present, set of MSD Coils.
Let me tell you what, I don't think they do gain any horse power, but they do complement your upgrades.
What I noticed is this, idle is smoother, on the cold starts specially
I always had this short hesitation when I am low RPM's and hitting full throttle, now it's gone
I feel quicker response when hitting gas.

and do they look good or what???
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SM105K

Quote from: SuperPete on February 04, 2020, 10:19:34 AM
UPDATE
February 2, 2020, got myself a B-Day present, set of MSD Coils.
Let me tell you what, I don't think they do gain any horse power, but they do complement your upgrades.
What I noticed is this, idle is smoother, on the cold starts specially
I always had this short hesitation when I am low RPM's and hitting full throttle, now it's gone
I feel quicker response when hitting gas.

and do they look good or what???

I agree.  They work great with my E30 tune and battery of mods.  However, I keep my stock coils in truck just in case.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SuperPete

This is to the people who is wanting to move to E30 or higher ethanol or already switch and dealing with mixing dilemma.

First, get Free phone app name: e85Cal.  Great tool, did I mentioned it's free? :)
Second, I have my SCT BDX Scanner running all the time and I recently put Fuel level % on the screen so I know exactly how much fuel in the tank, exactly...
Third:
Get Flex fuel sensor:  Continental Flex Fuel Composition Sensor E85 Fit for Chevy Equinox GM 13577429
You can find them as cheap as $29 shipped for new one on e-bay
Get this Bluetooth sensor from Fuel-It, you need BlueTooth ONLY one, $199:  https://www.fuel-it.com/bluetooth-flex-fuel-analyzer/
and you need some fittings to connect all together, this is what I got, it will make sense once you have it, worked great:
TWO- RUSSELL 640853 EFI ADAPTER FITTING -6 AN MALE TO 3/8" SAE QUICK DISCONNECT FEMAL
ONE- VIBRANT 10702 -6AN Female Union Adapter AN to AN

Put it all together, get the Fuel-It app for your phone and for under $300 you got yourself great peace of mind and no more guessing work.

Let me know if you have any questions, was pretty straight forward and easy, 15 min install, hope it helps someone...

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickstewartroc

Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SuperPete

Yes, I will post pictures of sensor and and and...

I got XDI fuel pump installed today, Feb 9, 2020

Guys let me tell you what, E30 / XDI-35 combo, tuned by Gearhead is the best thing even happened to me, ouch crazy power increase.

IF you don't have it yet, highly recommend.
I have video coming up of the install and general car stuff, will post it here in a day or two

Thank you and and huge props go Extreme-Di and GearHead and specially Matt Robinson!

SuperPete

February update

Switched to E40 fuel,
Few revisions with Matt
DYNO numbers are in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsoRBwz7m4

SuperPete

Finally took my PTU a part, and WOW, whole bearing was missing, PTU shredded the whole bearing gone!
https://youtu.be/tMQoKxNdW0s

10ECOMKS

Great video SuperPete! Thanks for posting

SuperPete

Another video,
1/4 mile Dragy showed 12.4 seconds, need to shave another half of a sec and I will be happy

https://youtu.be/HgzCY4ox7JY

WinPlaceSHO

Quote from: SuperPete on February 05, 2020, 11:48:28 AM
This is to the people who is wanting to move to E30 or higher ethanol or already switch and dealing with mixing dilemma.

First, get Free phone app name: e85Cal.  Great tool, did I mentioned it's free? :)
Second, I have my SCT BDX Scanner running all the time and I recently put Fuel level % on the screen so I know exactly how much fuel in the tank, exactly...
Third:
Get Flex fuel sensor:  Continental Flex Fuel Composition Sensor E85 Fit for Chevy Equinox GM 13577429
You can find them as cheap as $29 shipped for new one on e-bay
Get this Bluetooth sensor from Fuel-It, you need BlueTooth ONLY one, $199:  https://www.fuel-it.com/bluetooth-flex-fuel-analyzer/
and you need some fittings to connect all together, this is what I got, it will make sense once you have it, worked great:
TWO- RUSSELL 640853 EFI ADAPTER FITTING -6 AN MALE TO 3/8" SAE QUICK DISCONNECT FEMAL
ONE- VIBRANT 10702 -6AN Female Union Adapter AN to AN

Put it all together, get the Fuel-It app for your phone and for under $300 you got yourself great peace of mind and no more guessing work.

Let me know if you have any questions, was pretty straight forward and easy, 15 min install, hope it helps someone...

Any pics yet? 

I just ordered the parts list and I'm waiting for it to get here, but thought I might get out ahead of it and see how the pics were coming, thanks!
Black 2018 SHO Non-PP | GH e30/AO Tune | PPE Catted Downpipes | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mount | SP-542's | 170 Tstat | 3 bar | H&R Springs | XDI-35 | Badges removed  | Chrome delete | GH IC | EPP CAI | Noisemaker delete | MSD coils

SuperPete

Sorry, forgot all about it, I have it all in the video of the XDI pump install,  HERE:  https://youtu.be/5uYEWumCo6o

Macgyver

Quote from: SuperPete on March 04, 2020, 01:48:51 PM
Sorry, forgot all about it, I have it all in the video of the XDI pump install,  HERE:  https://youtu.be/5uYEWumCo6o

Nice thread on the whole process.

You are not that far away. I am just South of Reading.

SuperPete

3-12-2020 Update

Did some maintenance to the car, all fluids changes, PTU is a royal pain to get to with the PPE Catted downpipes, so I have to drill drain hole on the bottom later and update you on that if I can get to drilling without removing the downpipe anyway, thats for later.

Still have a issue with boost leak, somewhere small leak, Matt pointing me to the waistgate closed 100% and still not holding boost, I start up with 18psi and by the end of the gear with fully closed WG drop to 12-13.
I already removed "NoiseMaker" pipe and replaced with aftermarket, checked blow-off valves membrane, all good there, check all connections, kind of did everything I can think of, did pressure test and still dropping pressure, so this Saturday weather is nice, I am getting to the bottom of that, will find that boost leak and fix it, bottom line
OR if my turbos are "tires" new blowers will be on the way, anyway I will report in few days with updates.
Thank you all

TopherSho

if you have a large boost leak youd hear something .. Im betting on wastegate.  Mine was bad and did not throw any codes at all.  supper annoying.  But that means you can go ATP\CHP and get modern new light weight turbines!
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction