• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS Suspension

Started by Dannymack, January 05, 2020, 04:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

For those of you out there with the adjustable damper lincoln suspension what has been your experience with stiffness? I've noticed with mine that at high speeds the comfort floats nicely, but at speeds averaging less than 50 or so it is real rough on cracks in the road. I've replaced the sway end links which helped a little, but it's still pretty jarring IMO and there is an obvious clunk on those cracks. Since it will run me about 1k for new struts and shocks I'm just trying to determine if this is potentially related to them or something else. Car has just over 100k.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

StinkinLinkin13

Have you noticed any strut leaks? Checked control arms/bushings? Comfort is great for long distance hwy cruising imo... In the city it's way to soft (especially if you have sh*t streets like here in SATX). It does lend to "bottoming out" fairly easily. I rarely take mine out of sport mode. Normal is good however. Experiment. At 100k miles make sure and have your suspension inspected by a qualified tech. And if you have any mechanical ability doing the struts/lowering springs (firmer ride) yourself is a possibility.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Dannymack

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 05, 2020, 10:23:27 PM
Have you noticed any strut leaks? Checked control arms/bushings? Comfort is great for long distance hwy cruising imo... In the city it's way to soft (especially if you have sh*t streets like here in SATX). It does lend to "bottoming out" fairly easily. I rarely take mine out of sport mode. Normal is good however. Experiment. At 100k miles make sure and have your suspension inspected by a qualified tech. And if you have any mechanical ability doing the struts/lowering springs (firmer ride) yourself is a possibility.

No strut leaks that I can see. Was under the car tonight checking out the bushings and posted those pics in my build thread.
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,10275.msg155836/topicseen.html#new

As for the rest. I did have the local dealership check it out and they said end links which I have now done. Based on the things I found tonight I don't feel they gave me a thorough report. I'll likely take it elsewhere to have it checked over a second time.

I'll also try normal for a few days to see if it's more tolerable. If I do end up having to do struts/shocks I'm considering BC coilovers since the cost is about the same. My big concern is how does the system react when it doesn't detect magnaride anymore?
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

StinkinLinkin13

I just use H&R spring with OEM struts... I prefer the ride and appearance over OEM 4x4 springs 😂. The ride will firm up and handle better but you will lose some comfort obviously. However the adjustable suspension dampener settings helps counter that to a degree. It's a nice option I believe the SHOs don't have.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StinkinLinkin13

I forgot to mention check strut mounts... Idk if they did that already but its also possible.

Ramairetransam

my 13 mks with new front struts under warranty at 110k new strut mounts, i did front endlinks and then a right front control arm was done . Yeah this car still rides hard in city roads even with my 18s for winter on . I think these cars just don't ride that well , that's why they don't make them anymore. if they were so good sales would have shown it but old fasts coming from a crown vic and similar cars wont like the ride of these.

I've checked mine over and it just doesn't ride good , no leaks on shocks , and the ride control works too . So i dunno . I have lincoln esp till end of feb so i'm trying to get anything replaced i can. Only other thing is a bad drivers control arm , then maybe the wheel bearings are bad in the front , i dunno at a loss here for the shitty ride. I know when i turn the wheel at low speeds its not smooth when taking a turn you feel it in the wheel and its been like that for a while . Someone said one time that's how the electric power steering is .
13 Mks Ecoboost

Dannymack

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 08, 2020, 02:11:59 PM
I forgot to mention check strut mounts... Idk if they did that already but its also possible.

Checked those and they are good. Wish it was as simple as that.

Quote from: Ramairetransam on January 17, 2020, 01:03:37 PM
my 13 mks with new front struts under warranty at 110k new strut mounts, i did front endlinks and then a right front control arm was done . Yeah this car still rides hard in city roads even with my 18s for winter on . I think these cars just don't ride that well , that's why they don't make them anymore. if they were so good sales would have shown it but old fasts coming from a crown vic and similar cars wont like the ride of these.

I've checked mine over and it just doesn't ride good , no leaks on shocks , and the ride control works too . So i dunno . I have lincoln esp till end of feb so i'm trying to get anything replaced i can. Only other thing is a bad drivers control arm , then maybe the wheel bearings are bad in the front , i dunno at a loss here for the shitty ride. I know when i turn the wheel at low speeds its not smooth when taking a turn you feel it in the wheel and its been like that for a while . Someone said one time that's how the electric power steering is .

Let us know if it ever does get solved. I've gotten more used to it as time goes on. Pulled it out of comfort mode completely and it did help a bit.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

TopherSho

Mine rides like a rock until i drop the tires to less than 32psi,  even then i know every bump i hit.. even the paint travels up the steering wheel.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction