• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Service advancetrac message, car acting sluggish

Started by Nova, December 25, 2019, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Driving home tonight the service advancetrac message and light came on the dashboard, and the car is acting very sluggish. The light/message come on for about a minute and then go away for a few minutes and the cycle just keeps going. When I try to accelerate it struggles to get up and go, so I pull over and turn off the car and then turn it back on hoping it would fix itself but the light is still there. Now the check engine light is on as well, I give it a few revs and it sounds like it's ruining on 4-5 cylinders. Will try to get a scanner to see what codes it's showing later this week as it's already Christmas! Did a little research and it's telling me it could be the:
A faulty wheel-speed sensor
A faulty steering-angle sensor
A faulty rotational-speed sensor
An issue with the steering rack
Something that is lodged in one of the wheels

Would any of those cause the rough idle/rev? I wouldn't think any of those would be rpm dependent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

What exact codes please! It sounds like your in Limp mode or maybe a (wastegate) hose popped OFF!
I think its more than just an advance trac issue...

If the check engine light is flashing would NOT Drive the vehicle IMO!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Should not cause engine problems - like misfire/running rough etc.  UNLESS there is a vacuum leak of some sort, maybe brake booster related, or of course, the ever popular turbo hoses/wastegates.

The Service Advancetrac is usually related to some component of traction control/ABS, including the components you mentioned above, and the tone rings. 

Have you been thru a high pressure car wash lately, or hit some bumps hard?  Tires look ok?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Nova

Quote from: SHOdded on December 25, 2019, 08:12:54 AM
Should not cause engine problems - like misfire/running rough etc.  UNLESS there is a vacuum leak of some sort, maybe brake booster related, or of course, the ever popular turbo hoses/wastegates.

The Service Advancetrac is usually related to some component of traction control/ABS, including the components you mentioned above, and the tone rings. 

Have you been thru a high pressure car wash lately, or hit some bumps hard?  Tires look ok?
I took my car to the dealership and had them check it out and they said it had P0107 & P0109 codes. So they recommend TSB 19-2212 which is free of charge, but they are also recommending throttle body and fuel injector service $189.95 and emission system service $139.95. So I'm wondering if those other services are actually needed and could I do them at home cheaper? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

SHOdded

Those services are entirely optional.

As for the codes, the MAP sensor(s) might be at fault, or there might be a pin loose in the loom.  It happens with MAF based systems also.

P0107 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)/Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Low

Description:  This DTC sets when the MAP sensor operating voltage is below the minimum calibrated parameter of 0.024 volt. 
Possible Causes:  MAP circuit short to ground
VREF circuit open or short to ground
Damaged MAP sensor
Diagnostic Aids:     
Application   Key On Engine Off  Key On Engine Running  Continuous Memory 

P0109 - Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP)/Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Intermittent

Description:  This DTC sets when the sensor signal is intermittent. 
Possible Causes:  Incorrect harness connections
Damaged MAP sensor
Diagnostic Aids:  Check the harness and connection. 
Application   Key On Engine Off  Key On Engine Running  Continuous Memory 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Nova

Just picked up my car and they said the problem was the map sensor, they replaced it under warranty so I was able to get her all fixed up and ready to go.

SHOdded

ZSHO

Great to hear it was fixed Prior to the Holidays! Is that the original MAP!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Nova

Quote from: ZSHO on December 28, 2019, 08:14:38 AM
Yes it was, my car has 34,000 miles. Is it normal for the map sensor to go out so quickly or did I just have a bad one?

ZSHO

Quote from: Nova on December 28, 2019, 08:39:49 AM
Yes it was, my car has 34,000 miles. Is it normal for the map sensor to go out so quickly or did I just have a bad one?

Since their is a TSB applied for 2018-2019 models only then probably yes!
Not to common on the earlier builds IIRC. Z
Here is a Great link on the part in question...

https://ford.oemdtc.com/4485/3-5l-ecoboost-various-warning-indicators-lack-of-power-dtcs-p0107-p0108-and-or-p0109-2018-2019-ford-lincoln

Nova

Quote from: ZSHO on December 28, 2019, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: Nova on December 28, 2019, 08:39:49 AM

Since their is a TSB applied for 2018-2019 models only then probably yes!
Not to common on the earlier builds IIRC. Z
Here is a Great link on the part in question...

https://ford.oemdtc.com/4485/3-5l-ecoboost-various-warning-indicators-lack-of-power-dtcs-p0107-p0108-and-or-p0109-2018-2019-ford-lincoln
I think the car is telling me it needs a 3 bar map sensor and a tune already!

ZSHO

Its a sign from the Gods! Z ;D