• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread

Started by Dannymack, December 23, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

Quote from: Ramairetransam on March 06, 2020, 11:27:02 AM
how bad was it taking the grills out , ive wanted to paint mine all black for a bit now and taking them out to do it would be better.

You have to pull the bumper to do it. That part was actually fairly easy. Getting the grilles out of the bumper itself took longer so that I didn't  break any clips. just need patience. It would be a lot easier if I took off the license plate frame since it hinders the grille coming out and made things a little more difficult (It's riveted on...)
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Wheels are off for powder coating. Also had the clear coat wrinkle on the final coat so the trim and grille are also getting media blasted so I can start from scratch again. Will be using a HVLP gun this time with paint and clear that are made to work together.

Thankfully my wife's summer wheels from her Acura fit the MKS without mods so I didn't need to have the car down during the powder coating.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

While waiting for the wheels and grille pieces to get finished I figured I would try my hand at wrapping the roof. I'm a big fan of black roofs on cars. Well it looks great from 20-30 feet. Overall though I really like it and will have a pro do it soon.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Got the wheels back from powder coating today. So glad to get rid of that big polished rim. Now it's time for some painting of trim and center caps to finish off the aesthetics.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Macgyver

Dannymack

Started working on the headlights today. Not the easiest ones I have ever taken apart, but definitely not the hardest.

Should turn out pretty well.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

Quote from: Dannymack on March 21, 2020, 12:41:08 AM
Started working on the headlights today. Not the easiest ones I have ever taken apart, but definitely not the hardest.

I really like the headlights, at some point  I'd  like to  at least do halo's on the SHO. I've watched  quite a few general video's, what temp and how long did you cook yours? How much working  time  did it give you to get the lense loose?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Dannymack

Quote from: 6500rpm on March 21, 2020, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: Dannymack on March 21, 2020, 12:41:08 AM

I really like the headlights, at some point  I'd  like to  at least do halo's on the SHO. I've watched  quite a few general video's, what temp and how long did you cook yours? How much working  time  did it give you to get the lense loose?

First light I marred the casing a bit, but it will be fine.

2nd took me 3 rounds. 225 degree oven
1st - 20 min, did a quick round with a flathead screwdriver all the way around.
2nd - 15 minutes, got the lens about half way off
3rd - 15 minutes, using a flathead and putty knife got the lens the rest of the way off.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Lights are in, grille and lower valance are painted gloss black to match. Much more aggressive than before. Just needs some touch ups, but overall I'm happy with the result.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Dannymack

To continue with the painting.

Next were the badges. Matching those up to the wheels. Wanted to have some subtle red like the headlights so decided to go with this inside the logo.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

For a final touch on the front end I really wanted a different lip, but there aren't any for the MKS. So I went with an All-Lip 3.5 inch lip. I did some extra work to make it look as though it was built for the car vs just sticking it on like most people do with these.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Pretty happy with how aggressive this thing looks so far. Especially compared to stock. Just waiting on some wheel adapters/spacers to push the wheels just a little further out.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads