• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread

Started by Dannymack, December 23, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

How much boost was Revision 1?  Nice improvement from your first tune and you guys are just getting started. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Dannymack

Quote from: 802SHO on December 31, 2019, 01:06:49 PM
How much boost was Revision 1?  Nice improvement from your first tune and you guys are just getting started.

Looks like it goes from around 179-180 kPa (11.3 psi) and tapers down to 172 kPa (10.3 psi). This was during the 3rd gear pull.

In the pulls from 0 it looks like my peaks averaged around 200 kPa (14.3 psi) and then would taper down to around 172 kPa.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

Quote from: SHOdded on December 31, 2019, 07:10:17 PM
Not much different from stock.

About 4-5 psi higher than what the car was running pre-tune.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

Gave it a quick wash today and debadged the trunk. I contemplated just removing the ecoboost, but it's just much better without any. If I had the final trunk version I would have left the "lincoln", but like the uniformity of this.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

Dannymack

Gave myself an hour under the car today to get more familiar and also attempt to determine the suspension thud. All pics are posted below.

Tried getting movement out of the lower control arm bushings, but they were solid. Admittedly they do look pretty neat though. Thoughts?

Ball joints moved fine and didn't have any leaks.

Sway bar looks fine. Took pics of the bushings to see if anyone has thoughts on those as well.

Now for a couple discoveries. In one of the pics you'll see what looks like a female plug coming out of the firewall right above the back of the ptu and just below where the rear bov recirc hits the intake pipe. Is that a plug or something else?

I also found out where all the gear oil from the ptu had gone... hence why not much was extracted. The rear seal is going and it has been leaking out and spreading all over the firewall and tunnel. Add that to an upcoming project list.

Finally I just found this odd. Every 1-5ish minutes there would be an electrical noise coming from the timing cover area around mid engine. Sounds like a solenoid or relay activating or something along those lines. I recorded it to see if it's familiar to anyone. This is with the car completely off and locked.
https://youtu.be/8hw1IkZdM6E
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

Fuel pump or purge valve is what comes to mind.  How is the battery in your MKS holdng up?  CCAs, not just Vs.

Dannymack

Took on a little more involved project today. Adding permanent mount roof racks. Now I use the word "permanent" here with some caveats. While the mounts are riveted to the car they are also fairly easy to remove in an hour if I ever want to sell the car. They attach in the roof ditch so the holes don't show with the ditch trim.

I originally ordered the clip style mounts that clip to the door frame, but the one I wanted was out of stock. This caused me to rethink and I decided to get a little more involved.

Here are the parts if anyone ever wants to do something similar.

Yakima 60" Jetstream Bars
Yakima Skyline Towers
Yakima Landing Pad 21

I'll have more pics tomorrow in the light with bike racks installed.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Finished up the rack today and added the bike racks. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only MKS in existence with permanent bike racks. Happy with how it all turned out. Nice and clean.

Because I'm going sleeper style with this one I was planning a license plate like "old man", but I think the rack ruined that potential joke. Now I'm considering the following.

1. ABRAHAM
2. HRSPRS
3. LNDYCHT
4. LOGS
5. A boy scout license plate that says "COOKIES"
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Current status:

Working on the e30 tune with brad. Since our E85 is closer to 70% the tune is more of a E25ish tune.

Decided while I'm building up my cash for some of the bigger parts I would do a cheaper job that should dramatically change the look of the car. It's a pretty universal opinion that Lincoln did a less than desirable job on the front grill of the 13+ MKS. I pulled mine out today to start figuring out a way to update it while not looking too aftermarket.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Progress with the grille. Decided to paint it for now and see how I like it. If it comes around to it I'll cut it up in a few months and try something new. Figured I would put a little bit of accent to it.

Still deciding if the chrome trim around the lights and grille should be body matched or gloss black like the grille. They're primed and ready for whichever I decide.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Macgyver

To get where you want you will prolly need to run an ethanol blend. Brad knows the E30 tunes very well. On my SHO. The His E30 pulls so much harder all over. Draggy will be a great tool to test this.

I run the OEM plugs per Brad. Just gapped closer. He will walk you through.

Intake, Thermostat etc is not needed unless you are doing All bolt ons per say. Hot Pipes, Downpipes etc.

The tune will really wake up your car. Just be patient and give Brad the Data.

Ramairetransam

how bad was it taking the grills out , ive wanted to paint mine all black for a bit now and taking them out to do it would be better.
13 Mks Ecoboost