• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread

Started by Dannymack, December 23, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

Quote from: 802SHO on December 27, 2019, 05:06:32 AM
It'll be a whole new beast!  Dragy works well for performance Data, has been about 5-7 hundredths within my Drag Strip times.

Excited to feel the difference.

One thing I will note about running the 0-60 times right now is that the car shifts at exactly 60 mph at WOT so I do think even without tuning there is another 1-3 tenths that could be gained on those times. Either way though. Still fun to play with so far.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Did the PTU this morning. Sure is tight in that spot. Got just a couple ounces out. Couldn't get anymore so I added the new fluid until it reached the fill hole. Will let that loosen some things up and do a drain again soon. Likely will put in a drain plug in the near future.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

Quote from: 802SHO on December 29, 2019, 09:14:16 AM
You should snag one of these, it makes both the RDU and PTU much easier and get a lot more out.
https://www.amazon.com/Capri-Tools-Vacuum-Brake-Bleeder/dp/B00OM751EC

I'll keep this in mind for the next fluid swap. Thankfully my compressor should keep up fine.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

New Cooper Zeon G1 all seasons were put on yesterday. TireRack was closing them out so saved some good cash too.

Initial tune from Brad was also put in Saturday evening. Haven't been able to do good logs yet since we got snow, but can already tell a difference. Did find one spot of clean road on the way to the tire shop Sunday morning to do a pull. Shifts significantly cleaner and pulls a lot harder.

Then... as I turned into the tire shop parking lot the Check Brake System light came on. Lost all power to brakes other than full power with a lot of pressure. Had them take a look to make sure nothing was seized and they couldn't find anything. Once they were done I figured I would pop the hood and check the vacuum hoses. Well, the new tune added just enough pressure to pop off the brake booster vacuum line during that pull on the clean section of road. When the water pump was done that line must have not seated back in all the way. Popped it back on and ensured it clipped fully and was good to go.

Hoping to do some logging pulls today if the roads clear enough.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Quote from: Dannymack on December 26, 2019, 04:00:32 PM
Pull 1 - 5.62
Pull 2 - 5.80
Pull 3 - 5.48

Last 0-60 tunes quoted above.

Took some log runs to send to Brad today. Tested out the 0-60 while I was at it. Have a little more data this time from the log.

DA was around 4057 based on dragtime calculator.

Pull 1
Dragy - 5.08
Log - 5.198

Pull 2
Dragy - 4.98
Log - 5.098

Pull 3
Dragy - 5.08
Log - 5.137

Overall have gained about a 0-60 reduction of about .5 seconds with similar conditions. Do have new tires on as well.  I'll be curious to see how Brad thinks the logs went.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dannymack

AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

Maybe Dragy was getting dialed in then.  I know with other such devices there could be inaccurate data returned due to the timing of when the vehicle is deemed to have started the run.

TopherSho

Quote from: Dannymack on December 30, 2019, 10:41:37 AM
New Cooper Zeon G1 all seasons were put on yesterday. TireRack was closing them out so saved some good cash too.

Initial tune from Brad was also put in Saturday evening. Haven't been able to do good logs yet since we got snow, but can already tell a difference. Did find one spot of clean road on the way to the tire shop Sunday morning to do a pull. Shifts significantly cleaner and pulls a lot harder.

Then... as I turned into the tire shop parking lot the Check Brake System light came on. Lost all power to brakes other than full power with a lot of pressure. Had them take a look to make sure nothing was seized and they couldn't find anything. Once they were done I figured I would pop the hood and check the vacuum hoses. Well, the new tune added just enough pressure to pop off the brake booster vacuum line during that pull on the clean section of road. When the water pump was done that line must have not seated back in all the way. Popped it back on and ensured it clipped fully and was good to go.

Hoping to do some logging pulls today if the roads clear enough.

Clamp that sucker.. it will happen again as it has for a few members.  under 3rd gear run that's a fatal failure.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Dannymack

Quote from: SHOdded on December 30, 2019, 04:55:39 PM
Maybe Dragy was getting dialed in then.  I know with other such devices there could be inaccurate data returned due to the timing of when the vehicle is deemed to have started the run.

As the runs for logging continue I'll keep comparing the 2 and see what overall results looks like.

Topher - thanks for the note on that. I'll get a clamp on it ASAP.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

TopherSho

Quote from: Dannymack on December 30, 2019, 05:55:52 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on December 30, 2019, 04:55:39 PM

As the runs for logging continue I'll keep comparing the 2 and see what overall results looks like.

Topher - thanks for the note on that. I'll get a clamp on it ASAP.

Yarp,  safety 1st! :) good luck have fun!
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Dannymack

Quote from: 802SHO on December 31, 2019, 07:10:19 AM
That's just Revision 1?

Yeah. Just got rev 2 last night and that will go in today. He said everything looked pretty clean. Will add 1 more pound of boost and some minor adjustments.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads