• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upgraded HPFP, LPFP and Stock Injectors

Started by 802SHO, November 30, 2019, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Does anyone know the flow rate of the stock injectors?  And does anyone really know if the stock injectors are adequate in keeping up with the additional fuel pressure of the XDI35, XDI60 and DW LPFP?
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Gjkrisa

The stock fuel pumps are a bit under sized so upgrading them you will still see increases.  But to get the most out of the engine you will want to upgrade injectors as well

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

802SHO

What is the current offerings of upgraded injectors?  Deatschwerks and? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

XDI is releasing injectors as well soon... not sure what they are gonna look like..

Thus far the stock injectors are pretty stout little bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SM105K

IMHO,

I don't think the injectors are a problem.  From what I have seen they flow more then enough for our power demands.  Pretty sure the engine will give up before you max the injectors completely.  Matt says a drop in fuel pressure is what causes the injectors to stick open. 

If you have the upgraded HPFP and in tank FP you should be fine. 

Now if you are replacing injectors for peace of mind, that is a different matter.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Yeah I was just kicking around the idea of replacing them.  I then wondered if it was actually pushing the stock injectors harder with an upgraded HPFP.  No evidence to say it is but also not enough data/results/reviews of ppl using the upgraded DW injectors.  I think I'll keep my interest on pause until I see what XDI comes up with. 

ZSHO

In the meantime would throw in some Chevron with techron fuel injection cleaner inside the tank @ every oil change for good measures.
BG-44K cleaner also works well for the GDI applications..

$6.99 with coupon applied..

https://www.amazon.com/Chevron-Techron-Concentrate-System-Cleaner/dp/B00092893E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=chevron+techron+complete+fuel+system+cleaner+20oz&qid=1575416909&sprefix=chevron+te&sr=8-1

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: 802SHO on December 03, 2019, 10:21:30 AM
Yeah I was just kicking around the idea of replacing them.  I then wondered if it was actually pushing the stock injectors harder with an upgraded HPFP.  No evidence to say it is but also not enough data/results/reviews of ppl using the upgraded DW injectors.  I think I'll keep my interest on pause until I see what XDI comes up with.
You should be able to see injector duty cycle and see if your pushing at 80 or more this will tell if its worth changing or not

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 03, 2019, 09:03:28 PM
You should be able to see injector duty cycle and see if your pushing at 80 or more this will tell if its worth changing or not

To my knowledge no datalogging program has the ability to log FIDC on our cars.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on March 17, 2020, 11:14:02 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 03, 2019, 09:03:28 PM

To my knowledge no datalogging program has the ability to log FIDC on our cars.
Oh lame