• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Anybody using the SCT GTX? Compatible or not?

Started by DSJames, November 20, 2019, 12:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSJames

Who knows, maybe despite my searching - I'll get called out for a noob first post... but truly can't find the definitive answer.

For awhile now Torrie has been offering a GTX tuning package, and I found at least one post of a SHO owner selling their used GTX - but hardly any discussion of anybody's actual experience with it. A few people upgraded to the Livewire, but seems like most people have stuck with their X4's.

But aside from personal experience, anybody know if it's even compatible with pre-2015 models?  According to SCT, it's not supported at all - but since I'd never be using one of their tunes anyway, I figured a tune from Unleashed or Gearhead wouldnt care which hardware it's being loaded through... but just reached out to Matt about it and the response was that the GTX is definitely not suggested for my year (2014). Specifically, that it would "work," but that I might have trouble changing tunes or reverting back to stock with the GTX.

Obviously the tune is more important than the tuner, but I definitely wanted to take advantage of the live gauges... and I know I know, I could just get the livewire and not worry about it - but now that the GTX is finally out, it just seemed a little bit better in every way.

I'll probably send a quick email to unleashed too and see if they've developed some work-around; who knows maybe as soon as you complete the order with a pre-2015 model year it doesn't go through.

Thanks guys, I'll update with whatever I learn in case anybody's curious.

SM105K

Quote from: DSJames on November 20, 2019, 12:25:29 AM
Who knows, maybe despite my searching - I'll get called out for a noob first post... but truly can't find the definitive answer.

For awhile now Torrie has been offering a GTX tuning package, and I found at least one post of a SHO owner selling their used GTX - but hardly any discussion of anybody's actual experience with it. A few people upgraded to the Livewire, but seems like most people have stuck with their X4's.

But aside from personal experience, anybody know if it's even compatible with pre-2015 models?  According to SCT, it's not supported at all - but since I'd never be using one of their tunes anyway, I figured a tune from Unleashed or Gearhead wouldnt care which hardware it's being loaded through... but just reached out to Matt about it and the response was that the GTX is definitely not suggested for my year (2014). Specifically, that it would "work," but that I might have trouble changing tunes or reverting back to stock with the GTX.

Obviously the tune is more important than the tuner, but I definitely wanted to take advantage of the live gauges... and I know I know, I could just get the livewire and not worry about it - but now that the GTX is finally out, it just seemed a little bit better in every way.

I'll probably send a quick email to unleashed too and see if they've developed some work-around; who knows maybe as soon as you complete the order with a pre-2015 model year it doesn't go through.

Thanks guys, I'll update with whatever I learn in case anybody's curious.

The tuner is just as important as the tune.  I have a LiveWire TS+ and I love it.  Zero hiccups and easy to use.  I would use what is tried and true. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

limited02

I'm 99.9% sure a guy I know was using one on his 2013 SHO shortly before he sold the car.  He used GearHead to tune it, but the device should work.

Chaplain

I have the GTX on my 17 Explorer sport.   Can not say that I've been impressed by it, but it is compatible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk