• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transmission leaking 2016 PP SHO

Started by StealBlueSho, October 21, 2019, 06:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Seems like a lot of seal related issues started in the 2015 MY.  Was/is a huge black eye for Ford on the Edges - body, oil pan (plastic), and even TC housing ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StinkinLinkin13

I wonder if they used a new variation/recipe of silicone sealer. 🤔 It sucks tho. Never been a fan of these split case  style transmissions primarily for this reason. Otherwise they've proven to be pretty stout and reliable overall.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

SHOdded

Good question.  In the case of the Edge (no pun intended lol). They blamed it on improperly programmed robotics, resulting in improper application of the sealant.

I wish they would limit this kind of error to hood and trunk lines lol.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

Still haven't taken mine in... it's a drop or so every few days...

It's on the list after the first...

Mentally readying myself for the complete lack of warranty dude to mods...

Gonna find out soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

StinkinLinkin13

Yea. I'm gonna take my back to stock before I take it in. Minus the lowering springs. Hide everything I can.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on December 23, 2019, 12:00:12 AM
Yea. I'm gonna take my back to stock before I take it in. Minus the lowering springs. Hide everything I can.

Yea... the days of being able to run the stock programming went away with the turbo upgrades. But with an auto octane tune and an E30 tune.. its not a big deal at all... and the seal leak is most likely a factory defect as I don't see anything I have done causing it..short of the torque mounts transferring more vibration to the trans..

But for now.. the FiST is just too much fun.. a week in and its already tuned and upgraded.. all I need now is an upgraded IC and I have maxed out the stock turbo setup.. weeeeeeeee!!!