• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 engine in 2010 sho problems.

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, November 12, 2019, 04:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder3000gtvr4

So I dropped a 2013 engine into my sho after reading a few post where guys have done it. I had to swap out way more parts then what I've read and can't get the car running. I got so fed up that I can't get it running I had my mechanic pick it up. He can't get it running either. I had the 2010 crank sensor and he Replaced the crank sensor with a brand new one for the 2010 since he's not getting the proper signal and still no luck. Any suggestions?

I have the 2010 harness
Had to swap flywheels maybe I put it in the wrong spot?
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SHOdded

Wrong spot?  IDK if there is more than one way to put in the flywheel/tone ring ...  but usually it is the difference between start and nostart, and you have already tried that.  Are you sure it is not another issue like PATS maybe?

What all did you swap out?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

I don't remember how I aligned the flywheel to know if I did it wrong it's been a while. No idea if it's the security thing as my key has never worked the few hundred miles I used the car I used the door code to unlock and had to use the key in the center console. Although while in the car the security light does blink while I was sitting in it not being able to start it. I also don't remember if I changed the cam sensors although I'm thinking I didn't if the clip is the same on the 10-13. I did relay this all to my mechanic.
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SHOdded

crank sensor , cam sensor , coils, flywheel/tone ring are the swapover parts list IIRC.

The security light blinks slowly when there is no SNAFU.  It blinks fast if there is a SNAFU.  At least on older vehicles, I will have to see if it is the same for the SHO.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!