• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What are your tuning questions?

Started by FiveLeeter918, November 12, 2019, 01:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Hey guys, as we continue to grow the site, I've added and am working to develop an FAQ site, whether it be for general tuning questions, datalogging, parts choices, etc.

https://www.ortizperformance.com/faq

This is a list of what I current have, what else would you like to see, or what are some common questions that you think would be beneficial for customers?

Thanks!
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

GhostlyGrenade

2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

ridered74

I would suggest going as basic as "how to datalog". When I first got a tune for my X4 it was extremely frustrating to be given zero instruction on how to datalog, I was never sent a config file to start with, so even if I knew how to datalog I wouldn't have had the right parameters to set it up to datalog. At the time I couldn't find any step by step instructions online. Currently BCB has a pretty good one on youtube for the X4, not sure if there is one out there for the livewire yet.

When you spend $600 on a tune, the last thing you want to run into is stupid problems like I did right off the bat. Makes you instantly regret spending the money.

Maybe throw an extra question in your tune form just asking the person if they have ever tuned with an X4 or datalogged so you can steer them towards your how to page if the answer is no.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOdded

As far as datalogging with the X4, StealBlueSHO has put up this HOW TO
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6554.0.html

Should not deter Lee from putting up his own version :)  There is always something to learn.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Maybe a question could be what are my goals?  A lot of times ppl ask who are you tuned by?  Ppl see someone and they think, I want to be able to do that too....so the question comes...who are you tuned by?  Well the probability you'll be able to do exactly what you see Joe Shmo doing ...is not exactly going to happen...it just won't bc we don't all have gen4 or gen5 cars running and driving identically and all have the same performance parts.  And even if we did....If I'm working with someone and let's say we turn things up a notch...looks good...we're done right?  Well maybe, maybe not.  So what are our goals?  If a tuner is capable of X,Y and Z....thats great....but that doesn't mean they'll make sure you have X,Y and Z.  You sometimes need to push for it and it needs to make sense.  For example, someone isn't going to get a 93, ghost cam tune @ 18 psi if it doesn't become warranted ....either bc the car can safely handle it or not and a ghost cam tune definitely is not on any tuners...automatic list of things to do.  So maybe a question like What are your goals and or expectations of a tune...make sure ppl start at ground zero for expecting one tune to do everything they've ever dreamed of.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20