• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deatschwerks DW300C Fuel Pump Updates for 2013+ SHOs

Started by FiveLeeter918, November 11, 2019, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Highly recommend using this or similar to get the fuel lock ring off. I have done it without using a lock ring tool but it sure makes it easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

76fomoco

2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on November 17, 2019, 08:51:31 AM

Highly recommend using this or similar to get the fuel lock ring off. I have done it without using a lock ring tool but it sure makes it easier.

flat head wedged between and twist and it popped right off for me. Pliers to squeeze back on also worked like a charm.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Jordan on November 17, 2019, 05:20:54 PM

flat head wedged between and twist and it popped right off for me. Pliers to squeeze back on also worked like a charm.

Yup. My 2010 was tight... ended up needing a hammer to help lol...

FiveLeeter918

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

FiveLeeter918

- Lee

ddlopes

Would this pump be worth it if your still running the factory HPFP?
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

FiveLeeter918

Probably not, the lpfp flows more than enough to satisfy the HPFP even on E30.
- Lee

StinkinLinkin13

Did the drop in replacement ever occur? I saw heavy modification as the last update with the mention of future correction?
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

6500rpm

That tool makes it a breeze and it fits several makes and models. I can't tell you how many of those things I took off/on for the fuel pump tank module recall a few years back not to mention all the other cars we've pulled the tank module out of. Some are easy, some not so much, but that "style" (doesn't have to be OTC brand) and a long handle 1/2" drive ratchet is fool proof.
If someone gets a chance while switching to the DW300C pump, I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the factory pump set up and then with the DW pump installed just to see what has to be done to make it fit the tank unit.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Jordan

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on January 30, 2020, 01:51:55 PM
Did the drop in replacement ever occur? I saw heavy modification as the last update with the mention of future correction?

You have to modify the OEM housing to get it to fit. I sent mine and a new assembly to DW and they installed it for me. Car has it installed now and running great.

bpd1151

Great to hear Jordan.

Nice to see some resulting data from it's implementation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 6500rpm on January 30, 2020, 05:16:07 PM

That tool makes it a breeze and it fits several makes and models. I can't tell you how many of those things I took off/on for the fuel pump tank module recall a few years back not to mention all the other cars we've pulled the tank module out of. Some are easy, some not so much, but that "style" (doesn't have to be OTC brand) and a long handle 1/2" drive ratchet is fool proof.
If someone gets a chance while switching to the DW300C pump, I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the factory pump set up and then with the DW pump installed just to see what has to be done to make it fit the tank unit.

You just have to bore out the cradle housing as there is a lip that causes problems... clean it up and it slides in.

Jordan

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on January 31, 2020, 02:35:37 PM
Quote from: 6500rpm on January 30, 2020, 05:16:07 PM

You just have to bore out the cradle housing as there is a lip that causes problems... clean it up and it slides in.

That's what you think via the instructions, but my pump wouldn't even fit the stock housing sock and clip. Other than just the housing needing modified for it to slip in and the bottom sock filter and clip not fitting there was one thing that just tilted me to the point of sending everything to them. No clue what they did to modify it to fit but those instructions were about the farthest thing from close. Hopefully they get all that sorted because it's keeping up great otherwise