• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deatschwerks DW300C Fuel Pump Updates for 2013+ SHOs

Started by FiveLeeter918, November 11, 2019, 11:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveLeeter918

Hey guys, wanted to update on something I've been working on with Brandon and Mark from Deatschwerks. A few months ago, I started hearing word of an LPFP in the works for the 10-19 Taurus SHO. Many of you know I run the XDI35 HPFP with stock remaining system on E74, and start seeing fuel starvation issues up in the top of the powerband. Since I have worked with Mark in the past, I reached out to him regarding the pump, and he put me in touch with Brandon at R&D.

I know of a few people running the DW300C on the 10-12 cars and it is advertised as a drop in unit, but I couldn't find much data for the 13+ cars, so we used @Jordan_R as a guinea pig to see how the pump worked. The pump had horrible fitment issues, the electrical connector was completely different, and Jordan ended up actually breaking the discharge snout on the pump trying to get it together.

A quick call up to Brandon found that there are actual physical differences between the two pump modules, so I bought an OEM 2013+ fuel pump module and sent it with them. They've had the module for about a week now, and called today to let me know they've modified the kit to be 13+ SHO Specific and it will be drop in, but will require splicing of the electrical connector since as far as we can tell the OE fuel pump electrical connector is proprietary, as my Ford rep and I spent close to 2 hours in the Motorcraft connector pigtail catalog trying to find a match.

They are pulling it back apart to develop an install guide, and then they plan to get flow data before sending it back to me.

All-in-all, I'm excited to bring this to market, and will be adding it to our site for purchase as soon as we get it back.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

bpd1151

Most excellent as Bill and Ted would exclaim.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ridered74

If you can turn a wrench, you can splice a wire or two. And if you can dodge a wrench, well...
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SHOdded

Does this look anything like the LPFP connector or is this the HPFP connector?
MOTORCRAFT WPT521 {3U2Z14S411TZA}
Leads: 8; Color: Grey; Gender: Female (Only 1 Remaining)

Another option is to look on digikey or mouser, if Ford does not actually have a replacement for you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Or is it the connector directly on the LPFP such as this might be
8U2Z-14S411-NA
Wire Assy
5 Cavity , Fuel Pump/Sending Unit , Pumps And Motors
Base Number:   14S411A
Callout Name:   14S411A
$41.93$26.29
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2013 SHO LPFP, Fuel Level Sensor, Fuel Pressure Sensor, and Fuel Pump Control Module wiring diagrams with connectors

SHOdded

2012 SHO Fuel Pump, Fuel Level Sensor, Fuel Pump Control Module Connector

StealBlueSho

Sooo quick heads up...

Matt Robinson at Gearhead worked with DW earlier this year on this pump. I have flow numbers he sent me awhile ago...

I just confirmed with him that the pump does drop into his 2016 SHO and he just needed to pig tail the connector. Not a big deal.

Now if Lee is working with them to send a pre built harness that would be ideal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan

This is the lpfp connector. I bought the pump through lee but had fitment issues that's why he got with them on making more changes
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Quote from: SM105K on November 12, 2019, 11:29:30 AM
A direct plug and play would be nice.

Under purchase that was my expectation and what I had been told. Unfortunately not the case at that time
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

SHOdded

I guess they figured you could take it off your cpu cooling fan lol

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on November 12, 2019, 08:33:17 AM
Sooo quick heads up...

Matt Robinson at Gearhead worked with DW earlier this year on this pump. I have flow numbers he sent me awhile ago...

I just confirmed with him that the pump does drop into his 2016 SHO and he just needed to pig tail the connector. Not a big deal.

Now if Lee is working with them to send a pre built harness that would be ideal too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea that's how I originally got the idea based on his data. I bought a pump for myself and Jordan bought one too. He went to install his first, and it didn't fit under any circumstances. Don't know what happened, the tech that built Matt's doesn't work for them anymore so something changed, and I didn't want others to run into the same issue. I heard Costigan is running one too and had to make extensive modifications for it to work.
- Lee

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: SHOdded on November 12, 2019, 02:00:36 AM
Does this look anything like the LPFP connector or is this the HPFP connector?
MOTORCRAFT WPT521 {3U2Z14S411TZA}
Leads: 8; Color: Grey; Gender: Female (Only 1 Remaining)

Another option is to look on digikey or mouser, if Ford does not actually have a replacement for you.

This is the comparison between the OEM harness and the DW pump.
- Lee

SHOdded