• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need help with my STFT's

Started by ddlopes, November 11, 2019, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

I'm having an issue with my STFT's reading .88-.90 even though I'm spraying 504ml's of 100 % methanol. I initially thought my Snow Performance pump was the issue since its 4 years old. So I replaced it with a new Snow performance pump that has 300 psi compared to the 220 psi the old pump had. Unfortunately the new pump didn't help my STFT's. I'm still only seeing .88 and for the amount of methanol I'm spraying I should be in the low 80's or possibly even high 70's. Now the rest of the log looks good from what I can tell. I've got zero knock and my IAT2 are dropping 40 degrees once I start spraying meth. I was having a fuel pressure dip but that issue has been resolved and the fuel pressure is good now. Boost seems to be holding steady at around 16psi without any issues. So now I'm trying to see why my STFT's won't drop lower than .88 when I'm spraying a good amount of methanol. Also I have all braided lines with 4an fittings throughout the whole system. I had enough problems with the push in fittings leaking on me. I did check all the fittings and there appears to be no leaks that I could see. Any advise on what I should check next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHOdded

Post a log or two.  May be something in there that needs to be dug into to reveal.  It may be the methanol it may not.  I assume the SHO runs fine without methanol/on a no-methanol tune?

Have the FPM or FPCM ever been recalled on your SHO?  They are known weak points, so at least check the FPCM to see if it shows any signs of overheating.  How did you resolve the fuel pressure issue?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Yes car runs fine on non meth tune. Actually seems to run fine on the meth tune as well. But the STFT's need to come down more. Fuel pressure issue was an issue on my end. The fuse I tapped into didn't have enough amps to fully power the pump. So I simply swap it over to a different fuse and seems to be fine. Also no recall was performed that I'm aware of. I'll post a log when I get home. Thanks for looking! 
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

SHOdded

Probably not the FPCM but since it is rather easy to get to and check, it is worthwhile - heat damage affected the ones that turned out to be faulty.

Being veteran's day today, things might be a little slow here :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Gjkrisa

What is FPM or FPCM?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

Fuel pump control module.
X2 - on Fuel Pump Control module RECALL!! Z

[RECALL BELOW]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaWxocmdhUnEteTdQbmdTbDJzU3BKLXpFZzQw/view?usp=drivesdk

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Its not just STFT's.. its also LTFT's as well to get the whole picture. A log is needed to actually see if there is an issue...

ddlopes

Here's a log let me know what you guys think. Thanks for looking.

ddlopes

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on November 11, 2019, 03:12:41 PM
Its not just STFT's.. its also LTFT's as well to get the whole picture. A log is needed to actually see if there is an issue...

My LTFT is off on the log. Just so your aware if you look at the log.