• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings.....

Started by bpd1151, October 31, 2019, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

There is a thread (link below) posted over on SHOForum, reference the potential development of polyurethane bushings and other suspension bits, for our/the late GEN4 (2010-2012) & GEN5 (2013-2019) platform.

The poster is asking any of those interested to please shoot off an email to the following vendor, to express said interest in the aforementioned items.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://shoforum.com/index.php?threads/poly-bushings.140094/&share_tid=140094&share_fid=156498&share_type=t&link_source=app

The company is "Energy Suspension". Their website home page is as follows:

http://energysuspension.com/

Their email address is as follows:

hyperflex@energysuspension.com

They are based out of California. I submitted a personal email to them myself, albeit earlier today.

Anyone who has access to FB, Twitter, or any other social media please re-post on/in those mediums accordingly.

Thanks to any/everyone's help!

Mike K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

I received a reply.

Thought it was odd they stated I was the 1st to contact them. I was under the impression others (in particular, over on SHOForum) already had reached out to them before me. Oh well. Least they said they'll start compiling a list of interested owners.

Screenshot of reply is attached...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Moisme33

I sent in an email stating my interest in suspension bushings. I also pointed out that some of the interceptors share a similar platform as the SHO and by tapping into that market at even a small percentage would yield a large return in profits for them. Figured some perspective would help them out.

FiveLeeter918

interesting to see that, I sent an email last week with no response, both from my business and personal emails, and the posts on both Facebook and SHOForum made it seem they were interested. :dunno:
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

timbo

Added to the fodder at Energy Suspension and waiting on a reply.  I included the majority (if not all) the bushings are shared amongst the 11-19 Explorer (Incl Police Interceptor), the 10-19 Taurus (Incl Police Interceptor), 09-19 Lincoln MKS, 09-19 Flex,  and 10-19 Lincoln MKT.

There are 2 rear bushings that are of a spherical bearing type on each side with 4 other rubber ones for a total of 8 that would benefit from poly in the back.  The front would be 4 bushings total for the front and rear of the arm. 

The only "issue" is the rear portion of the front arm is not a round engagement, but rather it's a hex shape that goes into the bushing, so some sort of broached sleeve would probably need to be made or some DIY with the old bushing possibly.

https://cdn.1aauto.com/partimage/SFK/1ASFK04897/0d6ba54336044e70a58e7f6cbffddef7_490.jpg

UPDATE: with COVID, their R&D department is essentially shut down.
2011 SHO PP - Mild mods and 13+ Brakes
2018 Explorer Sport - Stock

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

dillrepair

Did anything ever come of this?  If I'm taking things apart for coil overs or tie rod ends or whatever maybe it would be a good time to do this sort of thing.   
2016 taurus sho, PP, LMS 3 bar tstat air-raid & plugs.  91 oct lms tune,  msd cops,  tsw nurburgring staggered like bpd's was.  working on direct port meth