• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New PB 11.75 Kilkare 10-17-19

Started by ridered74, October 18, 2019, 12:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridered74

There was another SHO there I had been talking to the last hour or so that I was there. After the last run of the night I went and parked next to him to see if he had beaten his last time. It was his first time at the track, so he was just trying to get into the 12's. As I'm sitting there waiting for him to get back to his car, this other guy walks up and asks if he can take some pictures of my car.

I said sure, then he says that he has a youtube channel and he posts a lot of 1/4 mile racing stuff and that he really enjoys watching SHO's. I asked him if his name was Martin, and son of a gun that's what his name was. I told him he had posted a video of my car running at a different track a couple months ago. Credit to him, he remembered my car was about half a second slower at that track. LOL!

As pumped up as I was to get into the 11.7's, it made my day to get to meet him and then find out he had video of my run. Sucks that there was a 10.4 second ford f-150 that ran one race behind me instead of going against me.

I'll post a link to his video once he posts it.

If anyone is in Ohio, he'll be at Marion Speedway in Larue Friday 10-18. He drives a SHO and keeps an eye out for them.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

shoNoff

Quote from: ridered74 on October 18, 2019, 12:21:12 AM
There was another SHO there I had been talking to the last hour or so that I was there. After the last run of the night I went and parked next to him to see if he had beaten his last time. It was his first time at the track, so he was just trying to get into the 12's. As I'm sitting there waiting for him to get back to his car, this other guy walks up and asks if he can take some pictures of my car.

I said sure, then he says that he has a youtube channel and he posts a lot of 1/4 mile racing stuff and that he really enjoys watching SHO's. I asked him if his name was Martin, and son of a gun that's what his name was. I told him he had posted a video of my car running at a different track a couple months ago. Credit to him, he remembered my car was about half a second slower at that track. LOL!

As pumped up as I was to get into the 11.7's, it made my day to get to meet him and then find out he had video of my run. Sucks that there was a 10.4 second ford f-150 that ran one race behind me instead of going against me.

I'll post a link to his video once he posts it.

If anyone is in Ohio, he'll be at Marion Speedway in Larue Friday 10-18. He drives a SHO and keeps an eye out for them.

Martin was texting me while he was watching you run. He's a really good friend of mine. He's a great guy he did all the videos on my car. He sorta living out in the Ohio area now. His family owns a drag strip out that way and he's helping them there now. I really miss the guy being around here. Also congrats on your run! Car is moving really good now!
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

shoNoff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FvP50_t1Ju0&feature=youtu.be     

He just text this to me. Here you go Ken and congrats again. Car is flying man. And next time I want the shout out. Andrew just met Martin through me last year lol.

SM105K

Nice job Ken.  Car is doing work. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Awesome Ken! Great leaps forward in the last couple months.
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

802SHO

Hell yeah Ken I just watched the video as it came up on my YouTube feed as I'm subscribed to Martin's channel.  Congrats man on that 11.75!  Man that's awesome!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ridered74

Quote from: shoNoff on October 18, 2019, 08:41:26 AM

He just text this to me. Here you go Ken and congrats again. Car is flying man. And next time I want the shout out. Andrew just met Martin through me last year lol.

He's in my state now and around here, posession is 9/10th's of the law or something like that. LOL!

He's at Marion Speedway, which even tho it's only an hour north of me, I didn't even know the place existed until a few weeks ago. I wish I had known he was up there, I would have visited that track a few times this summer.

Super nice guy, he texted me a link to the video this morning once it posted.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

shoNoff

Quote from: ridered74 on October 18, 2019, 07:30:13 PM
Quote from: shoNoff on October 18, 2019, 08:41:26 AM

He's in my state now and around here, posession is 9/10th's of the law or something like that. LOL!

He's at Marion Speedway, which even tho it's only an hour north of me, I didn't even know the place existed until a few weeks ago. I wish I had known he was up there, I would have visited that track a few times this summer.

Super nice guy, he texted me a link to the video this morning once it posted.

Ive been friends with him for 17 years I'd say, exactly great guy class guy. He'd help you with anything. Hell he stayed with me until 3am at the track one time when my sho broke. And he helped me push it about a mile. Anyone willing to help push an sho is a true friend. He just loves drag racing and remembers everything. Don't let him fool you he's got some hot rods himself. Im pretty sure he only brought his sho out there though. His sister and her fiancé own Marion county raceway. They too are awesome people and real drag racers. They do tons of no prep stuff out there he texts and sends me videos daily.