• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Possible blown PTU and or RDU?

Started by Gofspar, October 15, 2019, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofspar

k, cold air made it happen in 2nd.
guess im looking at the PTU or RDU.
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

SHOdded

Have you checked tire pressures?  Sometimes that sets off the AWD system, if the psi is too low.  We have had one member report such an incident.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gofspar

The 2010 MKS should have the same final drive as the 2.77's in my SHO, right?
Why is the axle identifier 4A and not 1A?

https://www.lkqonline.com/2010-Ford-Taurus-Sedan-Carrier-Assembly/-hFnmnncnDDcnDD/-i~202161063
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

Gofspar

Just got back from a buds shop, first we checked the diff by spinning the wheels independently and everything checked out ok. then we put the car in drive on the lift and the rear wheels slowly spun. ok, seems normal.

Then if we put some pressure holding the rear tires from spinning and the driveshaft stops spinning, so im looking at catastrophic failure of the PTU despite it not making any weird noise other than when I broke it and for when I would try to get on the throttle heavy from a dig, kinda sounded like teeth skipping on something.
Has anyone broke the shaft that connects the ptu to the transmission?

Should I just bite the bullet on a brand new PTU or where should I be looking to get one used?