• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Throttle body size for Taurus SHO?

Started by ddlopes, October 11, 2019, 11:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

Anyone know the size of a factory throttlebody in the Taurus sho? I'm thinking about getting the BBK throttle body upgrade.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

bpd1151

IIRC, I believe the OEM TB is either 60mm, or 62mm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ddlopes

Thanks... I didn't wanna buy the BBK if it was only gonna be a 3 or 4 mm upgrade
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Looks like the BBK may need to be modded to work properly... according to their website.

mattr66

Yep i'm the one that modded and showed bbk what was needed to run it.  Only need one once heavily modded and you need to machine something to positively retain the boot/clamp on the otherwise slick inlet.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk