• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SSM bushing comparison

Started by Gofspar, October 06, 2019, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofspar

Over the week I played with all the different combinations of trans and motor mount bushings SSM sent out.
Settled with a Gen 4 bushing for the FMM and the Street bushings from the RMM and basically theres no real NVH, street bushings in the front is a little too much for me, and the race bushings in the rear are straight race car status and way too aggressive for a daily, I'll try them next time I track the car.
I think Anthony is using the Daystar M02957 and I've settled with those for the rear.
Heres all the part numbers for the bushings if anyone else wants to buy a set.
They're all OEM'd by Daystar which is good stuff.

AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

bpd1151

Purple one's are difficult to read.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gofspar

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 07, 2019, 12:07:03 AM
Purple one's are difficult to read.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
fixed
AJPTurbo E30 3bar rev4, SP-534 .28, MSD coils, reische 170 tstat, ARH Catless DP, resonator delete, magnaflow mufflers, airraid CAI, H&R sport springs, UPR Catchcan /w CCS, SSM "Street" RMM

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickstewartroc

Quote from: Gofspar on October 06, 2019, 09:55:53 PM
Over the week I played with all the different combinations of trans and motor mount bushings SSM sent out.
Settled with a Gen 4 bushing for the FMM and the Street bushings from the RMM and basically theres no real NVH, street bushings in the front is a little too much for me, and the race bushings in the rear are straight race car status and way too aggressive for a daily, I'll try them next time I track the car.
I think Anthony is using the Daystar M02957 and I've settled with those for the rear.

Where are you getting the bushings from?
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Gofspar

Quote from: nickstewartroc on October 08, 2019, 09:20:26 AM
Quote from: Gofspar on October 06, 2019, 09:55:53 PM

Where are you getting the bushings from?

Not sure if Daystar sells in such small quantities, probably best to go to SSM if you want just a set.

They'll all work with Anthony's mounts too if people want to mess with the stiffer ones.

FiveLeeter918

Anthony's bushings come from Prothane.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

Gofspar

I think the gen 1's were from daystar, wasn't aware he switched.

FiveLeeter918

When SSM made them they were Daystar and durometer was way too high. I spec'd him a set of bushings from energy suspension, but they were slightly too long and required modification and Energy wasn't interested in changing the mold so he went with Prothane who had a mold that works great and was 70 durometer instead of the 90 the gen 1s came with.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!