• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who wants some bigger turbos for F150 and Transverse Ecoboost!

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 29, 2013, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I have confirmation that two new turbos will be released to the public on 9/13!

Here's the latest news!
For the Flex/Taurus engine, looks like we will offer two turbo sizes:

+1 which is 100-200 rpms laggier than stock but will do 100-150HP more flow over
+2 which is 400-500 rpms laggier than stock but will do 150-200 more flow over stock. (slightly larger than a GT20)

$2200.00 + core charge ship date 9/13

For the F150 there will only be the +2 size and no +1 size. ship date 9/20

$3000.00 for the trucks

Guys I'm ready to start taking deposits on turbos! $100.00 holds your spot for the first sets!
I'm ready to get these into your hands ASAP!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Rough Kit Price, Tech Info on each package, What company? Etc. Etc.

I'm sure you'll have deposits with more info having been posted.

Take a look, you've even caught the attention of EcoBrickBob!

He's practically waiting on the edge of his wheel chair, chomping on his dentures ------->  :wheelchair:

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 29, 2013, 07:30:18 PM
Rough Kit Price, Tech Info on each package, What company? Etc. Etc.

I'm sure you'll have deposits with more info having been posted.

Take a look, you've even caught the attention of EcoBrickBob!

He's practically waiting on the edge of his wheel chair, chomping on his dentures ------->  :wheelchair:

$2200.00 for either +1 or +2, Garrett turbo upgrades, flow like a GT20 on the big one.
The stuff I put up is all the tech info available right now, these guys are going to be the BEST turbo upgrade available and at that price much better than just a compressor wheel upgrade!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

Whole lot of behind the scenes wheeling and dealing being done, but looks like I'll be in the turbo upgrade game sooner, rather than later!

:spiteful:

:yell:

EcoBrick Bob

I don't have no dentures... NO TEETH PERIOD... But I did have to change my diaper twice!

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

bpd1151

No teeth = more room to warm those nuts.

Haha

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

QwikSHO

anxious to see what else will be required to run these turbos (injectors/fuel pump/etc)

EcoBrick Bob

The key word is "safely".  Since it appears there are no larger DI injectors or larger DI pumps that fit these engines that are currently available, one is going to have to depend on external fuel options at some point. That means going to a system like 4DRHTRD or 100% methanol injection.  Or we can all wait for aftermarket DI injectors and DI pumps.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Not true Bob, I have tested my dual in tank fuel pump to be able to run 50/50 E85 mix on the stock DI setup with the upgraded in tank fuel  pump at around 450HP. If you were to run E10 91 or 93 the fuel system should support over 500HP with just the in tank fuel pump upgrade. I'm also working on a possible Ford fuel pump upgrade from another vehicle to see if that can match the results. Either way we have enough power with the stock system and an upgraded fuel pump to be able to support plenty of HP, add meth on top of that and 600HP should be easily attainable.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

I guess I am passing out phony 4 year old info again.... 

So... what you are seeing is that our DI Injectors and the DI pump are not the issue?

I did see FRP gains with my KB Boost a Pump so understand why the Dual Fuel pump setup would help, but was under the impression that the DI FP was still a bottleneck.  With the KB  BAP 50% voltage boost to the stock in tank fuel pump, I still saw my FRP drop to below 1,000 PSI a couple times at the high end of 2nd gear, which concerned me.  Lambda also fluttered for a split second at those low FRP's.

Are you looking at the Shelby 500 pump? believe it is a Dual pump.   How about modding some of the GM pumps like the one in the ZL-1 or CTS-V?

EcoPowerParts

I am saying that as of 2 weeks ago the DI pump and fuel injectors are not an issue for around 500WHP or possibly more of 91 or 93 gas from my tests without falloff of the DI pump pressure.
After I put in the dual ITFP setup I saw 2200psi on the stock fuel system at WOT with no lean issues using stock pump and injectors, the aux fuel injectors were unplugged. This option will be expensive however as the dual ITFP itself is around $780.00 + around $200 in fittings and a $300.00 fuel pressure regulator + it's a bear to install.
I'm looking at the stock F150 5.0L ITFP as it's rated for 360HP on E85 over 500HP on E10 gas. Lots of guys running new trucks and mustangs at around 600HP on stock pump. If we can get the lift pump to keep up pressure to the DI pump we should be there. This should be a plug and play pump with no wiring changes, you could add a BAP on top of that if you wanted.
Vishnu on the BMW side has installed an inline fuel pump in the tank that let's them see 700HP on the stock DI system. I'm taking to the people that make their pumps to check out our platform as of this morning.
I'm trying to get the fuel upgrade side around $600 to $900 to support the 600WHP of the turbos without meth, you can add meth as desired after that.

But yes as of 2 weeks ago your information is now dated, sorry man, I'm staying on top of the platform and doing more and more tests as time goes on.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

How about the pump in the Raptor engine package? Didn't you install a larger fuel line also? Is your system still return-less? Am I dreaming that you used stock line as return line and added a new larger line?

At least we have access panels to our fuel system under middle/back seat.  In G8's you have to drop the tank or cut access panels.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on August 30, 2013, 01:12:39 PM
How about the pump in the Raptor engine package? Didn't you install a larger fuel line also? Is your system still return-less? Am I dreaming that you used stock line as return line and added a new larger line?

No reason to look at Raptor engine, the 5.0L guys are putting superchargers on and hitting 600HP on stock factory fuel pump that support E85 out of the box.

The fuel system that I'm trying to get to will use the factory fuel line which is 3/8" and should support the 600HP requirements at the pressure we're running.

I installed a new -6 line to the front with a FPR under the hood and used the factory line for a return line. I also ran two new power lines from the fuel pumps to relays under the hood and used the factory power line as a trigger for the relays.
I'm working on a way to just use the factory line and at most run a new power wire and hook up relays. I really would like to be able to offer a really easy fuel pump upgrade that requires just swapping pumps though.
We'll see how my work pans out though. :)
BTW, DI pump upgrade later would only boost the factory fuel system capabilities with a new ITFP setup.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

The G8 guys have found big price differentials on various Stock GM pumps.  The Camaro ZL 1 pump is like under $400. whereas the CTS-V pump is twice as much.

It would be nice to have a plug and play system that adds fuel as you say.  Probably worth the money as a safety point, even if one wouldn't go to larger turbos or stronger engine internals.

That's why I am so interested in the G8 stuff, as I don't want to run out of fuel, even with my N/A G8 system.  Would be nice to take advantage of E 85 also in both vehicles, at least in IA where it's plentiful and relatively cheap!

bpd1151

4DR....

Any plans of your own for these turbos to make their way onto your Flex?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6