• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need help with fuse box issue...

Started by ddlopes, October 05, 2019, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlopes

I'm in the process of reinstalling my Snow Performance meth kit and ran into a problem getting 12v key on power from the fuse box. In the past I used fuse #50 (15amp) for the heated mirrors. But today it wouldn't power up the Snow Performance controller. I checked the fuse and it appeared to be fine but, I replaced it to be on the safe side. Unfortunately the controller still wouldn't power up. So I connected it to fuse #70 and the controller power right up. So then I took my multi meter and tested the #50 fuse by placing the black wire from the multi meter onto the negative side of the battery and the red wire to the fuse. This test yielded zero volts. I then tested several other fuses and all were 14.3 volts. Anyone ever have this issue or know what should be my next step. Thanks for your time.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Not quite understanding how you tested the #50 fuse with the multimeter/battery test.  Did you use the rear defroster today?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

ddlopes

Quote from: SHOdded on October 05, 2019, 11:08:06 PM
Not quite understanding how you tested the #50 fuse with the multimeter/battery test.  Did you use the rear defroster today?

Thanks for the heads up. I edited the sentence. I meant to say " take the red wire and place it on the fuse". And no I haven't used the rear defroster. Although when I hit the button for the rear defroster it does light up. 

ddlopes

Does anyone know if the #50 fuse runs off a relay? And if so which relay? I'm really hoping Ford didn't pinch a wire when they replaced the engine recently.

SHOdded

Well, I suppose you could say it goes thru the rear window defrost relay/ F26 to get to ground.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ddlopes

Quote from: SHOdded on October 06, 2019, 06:59:14 PM
Well, I suppose you could say it goes thru the rear window defrost relay/ F26 to get to ground.

Thank you very much!!!! I need to get the service manual download...

ddlopes

So it looks like I was mistaken thinking I previously powered my Snow Performance controller with fuse #50. Reason being this fuse apparently only has power when the rear defroster is on. I'm assuming power is only available at fuse #50 when the switch for the rear defrost is on which closes the relay #11 allowing power to fuse #50. So now I'm using the rain sensor fuse without any issues. Thanks again for all the help with this issue.

SHOdded