• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel rail pressure sensor circuit low bank 1

Started by Greg58, October 01, 2019, 10:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg58

Hello fellows my name is Greg and my user name is greg58, aka shotime. I have a 2010 black tuxedo black taurus. Been on the site a minute but been dealing with issues to the car so haven't completed profile yet with pics. My latest issue is fuel rail pressure sensor bank one. Code P0192. As I live in a development I don't have access to a garage and the dealer service department claims its about seven hundred to replace because from bumper has to be removed. Can I get this done quickly I can take it to my job but I'm not allowed to use the shop for personal vehicles. Any help would be appreciated.

SHOdded

Welcome!  How many miles on your SHO?

I dont think I have seen this code before, but I dont see how removing the bumper cover helps with a bank 1 issue, which is by the firewall.  In any case you can read up on how to remove the cover yourself in the HOW TO section, written by bpd1151.

I will dig into the code ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

P0192 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low

Description:  The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the fuel rail pressure (FRP) sensor circuit to the powertrain control module (PCM) for low voltage. The test fails if the voltage falls below a calibrated limit for a calibrated amount of time during testing. 

Possible Causes: 
FRP signal short to SIG RTN or PWR GND
Damaged FRP sensor

Diagnostic Aids: 
A FRP parameter identification (PID) value during ignition ON, engine OFF or ignition ON, engine running less than 0.3 volt indicates a concern is present. 

Application     Key On Engine Off  Key On Engine Running  Continuous Memory 
All     GO to Pinpoint Test DD . 

Removal and Installation

WARNING: Do not smoke, carry lighted tobacco or have an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related component. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited. Failure to follow these instructions may result in serious personal injury.

WARNING: Before working on or disconnecting any of the fuel tubes or fuel system components, relieve the fuel system pressure to prevent accidental spraying of fuel. Fuel in the fuel system remains under high pressure, even when the engine is not running. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

Release the fuel system pressure. For additional information, refer to Section 310-00 .
Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01 .
Remove the intake manifold. For additional information, refer to Section 303-01B .
Disconnect the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) sensor electrical connector.
Remove the FRP sensor.
To install, tighten to 33 Nm (24 lb-ft).
To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Part number AA5Z-9F972-A I believe
MOTORCRAFT CM5223
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/motorcraft,CM5223,fuel+injection+pressure+sensor,6376
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Greg58

Afternoon, this is a list of codes when I has the ptu serviced. Car wouldn't stay running. Dealer said tech disconnected it and it stayed running. So why does the front bumper need to be removed. I'm very suspect as this dealer had 1 wrong diag before.