• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Check engine flashing, fuel smell, limp mode, and now no start

Started by wraitherx, September 25, 2019, 09:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

MOTORCRAFT CM5248 {BA5Z9F593B, CM5204}
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector,6224

MOTORCRAFT CM5268 {CM5168, CM5203} Info
Upper and Lower; w/ O-Rings, Retainers, Bolts, Washers And Tie Straps
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector+seal+/+o-ring,13679

MOTORCRAFT CM5170 {AA5Z9C995A}
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,fuel+&+air,fuel+injector+clip,11217

BA5Z-9229-B
Kit - "O" Ring
Kit To Repair One Fuel Rail, Also Includes O Rings, Retainers, Bolts, Washers And Tie Straps
Production Date:   05/2010-
Callout Name:   9229
$128.45 $77.76
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/standard+motor+products,SK159,fuel+injector+seal+/+o-ring,13679

MAHLE MS19924 Set; Molded Rubber
Includes Thermostat Seal, Thermostat Housing Gasket, Throttle Body Gasket, Water Crossover Gaskets
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,engine,intake+manifold+gasket+/+set,5424
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wraitherx

Thanks shodded!  I actually placed an order for that exact list yesterday. Should be here Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

wraitherx

Quote from: Nova on September 26, 2019, 09:14:28 PM
Quote from: wraitherx on September 26, 2019, 11:08:37 AM

OOOO I can't wait to see those on your car, what are the specs of those?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vossen Forged Series VF-051. 20x9 +35 and 20x10+32 in the rear.

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

ZSHO

FWIW www.rockauto.com Discount code below. Gotta love the magnets included with every order. Z  :)

5% Discount Code: 024F3B39B69D88
Expires: October 1, 2019

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Might be worth it to bore scope it.. Check for bad scoring/washing.. Compression test etc..

My bad injector punched my 2010 SHO #2 cylinder..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

wraitherx

So just a quick update. Before ordering the parts I wanted to verify that it was indeed the injectors stuck open and took my borescope to it. What I saw was fuel steadily dumping into the cylinder with the ignition in accessory mode. After that I ordered the parts. In between then my daughter was born and have been playing catch up. lol
Got the manifold off and replaced all the plugs and injectors. COP boots came out looking great as I was worried about those possibly tearing from what I've read. I will say this TL13 was right about the manifold being stuck on by the coolant passage gaskets that was a pain as was trying to remove those gaskets but not nearly as much as trying to remove those spring clips and the coolant hoses were stuck on just as tight as the manifold gaskets. Other than those things I was surprised that everything could be taken apart with a 1/4" if you wanted to and that everything was pretty much the same torque (89 in/lb). Previous cars I've worked on were a lot tighter. All in all though not a bad experience. Just have to finishing putting all the intake tubes back on, suck the cac out, drain and fill the coolant, and drain and fill the oil.

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

SHOdded

First off, CONGRATULATIONS on the new head of household :D

Second, glad you got the parts swapped, albeit the "minor" snafus in the process :P  Best of luck with the restart!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wraitherx

Got everything buttoned up and it dawned on me that with all the fuel that was being dumped into the cylinders that the outer side of the cylinder walls was probably dry so I pulled the plugs on 3&6 and suctioned some oil and distributed it to those areas so that they were lubricated before start up. Let it sit over night to work it's way in.
So went to go start the car up and was freaking out because it wouldn't start... then I realized, good was open so switch was disengaged. Lol. Took a second to start up as I'm assuming the fuel lines had to rebuild pressure but when it started up it started up great. Tons of white smoke started coming out and after a couple of minutes it all cleared up. Let it run for about 30 minutes and checked everything and then for a quick run and feels as good as new! 
Thanks for all the help fellas!!

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

SHOdded

StinkinLinkin13

Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

ZSHO

Congrats on the newest addition to the Family Brother and best of health and happiness. Z  :)  Btw Glad to see the SHO is fixed.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wraitherx

Thanks again fellas!  Everything has been smooth sailing, knock on wood!  Downloaded a couple of things and got one of those OBD dongles so I can monitor things just to see what the car is doing. Must say, coming from the fox body and new edge world, having gauges on your phone or tablet vs gauges all over your dash is a big step forward and so aesthetically pleasing. Lol. I'll just lower her and be done with it since I'm in search for my next "fun car".

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

SHOdded

wraitherx

Quote from: SHOdded on October 17, 2019, 12:05:40 PM
Mazda Miata with a 30" Lift Kit.
How'd you know. Lmfao. I miss my cobra so I'm looking at a 13/14 GT500 or GT350

2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built