• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Issue with the SCT Updater and device.

Started by Black Dream, September 24, 2019, 06:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

OK here's my issue.  I have had the SCT X4 handheld for a few months now and have never had an issue with it.  I'm adding a couple of things and received updated tunes from Torrie yesterday.  Excited to get them loaded on the X4 I hooked it up to the computer, opened the Updater and the device wasn't recognized.  So I tested the HDMI port on the laptop, it works, then took the X4 to the car and hooked it up, it works just fine.

Cool I thought, I'll just delete the Updater from the laptop, reinstall it and go from there.  When it was time to load the drivers MacAfee kicked out a warning that it had halted the installation due to a virus being present: JTI/Suspect.195612!1f34a90aee5d.  OK then I'll just contact Derive Systems for a little tech support but no, several calls resulted in the same outcome.  All operators are busy please call again they tell me.  Now they're closed so I'll try back tomorrow but wondered if any of you have run into this issue.  I downloaded the program from the same site I had originally and it worked great the first time.  https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/sct-software/353181-device-updater?from_search=36966883

Any ideas?   I'll keep trying SCT/Derive tomorrow.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Macgyver

When I update and load my X4. I use the Mini USB to USB to connect to the PC.

ridered74

I don't have any useful information to help you with, but I absolutely hate the x4. When I first got it, it locked up halfway thru loading the tune. I thought my car was bricked. Spent hours on the phone with their support over two days, they finally got it to work. Recently I have had it give me an error multiple times including today. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It is scary every single time I use it. Today I finally got it to work by hooking the battery up to my other car's battery via jumper cables, but that could have just been a coincidence. I never would bother attempting loading a tune anywhere but at home for fear of rendering the car undriveable. I've seen way too many horror stories of people having issues with it. I would have to say I'm stupid for continuing to use it instead of upgrading.

Good luck getting yours figured out.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Black Dream

Quote from: Macgyver on September 24, 2019, 08:00:36 PM
When I update and load my X4. I use the Mini USB to USB to connect to the PC.

Well hot damn, now the X4 works fine (Thanks Mac) and I'm updating the device over wi-fi.  All I need now is to have the Updater loaded and I'm good to go.  I called both customer service numbers at various times throughout the day but always got kicked out 'cuz they were busy.  I'm sending them an e-mail through their emergency system to see if I can get an answer from there.  We'll see..
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Black Dream

Problem fixed. Talked to SCT support this morning and apparently this is a McAfee issue so they linked to my computer to temporarily disable the virus protection and firewall and voila the Updater loaded and is working fine. Just waiting on the 3 bar to arrive so I can have more powa!!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk