• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE Updated Downpipes

Started by Jordan, September 24, 2019, 12:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on October 11, 2019, 01:31:24 PM
Quote from: SM105K on October 11, 2019, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on October 11, 2019, 12:42:33 PM
Quote from: SM105K on October 11, 2019, 10:28:50 AM
Quote from: 76fomoco on October 11, 2019, 10:18:52 AM
would be way cool if they could make a intake manifold...

Paul did inquire about my SHO for future projects....so maybe I can drop that tidbit....

Lucky s.o.b.  there's nothing like saying to yourself.. I think I'll drop by PPE today...and go do it and pick up stuff they don't particularly sell but include in their shipment so you know they have it.  Wicked cool you can do that.  And I hope PPE does develop some stuff with your car!  Let it be loud lol

Loud?  Please no.......sound good?  Yes.

True.  I've outdone myself.  If I ever get back full circle to the exhaust I believe I'll reduce the volume for sure and just be happy with "sound good".  I could really hear my turbos more when it was just downpipes to 3rd cat, resonator then  muffler deletes.

I am interested to see what mine will sound like, because it will be a hybrid.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

76fomoco

I too would like to delete the 3rd cat so post back with your DP's and stock mufflers what you find!
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

Mossdahaus

Quote from: SM105K on October 10, 2019, 09:48:24 PM
I made a stop by PPE this afternoon. I met Paul and he supplied me with some flanges for my upcoming 3rd cat and stock resonator delete mod coming next week...

Care to post some pics of that flange? Is it 2.5" or 2.25"?
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

SM105K

Quote from: Mossdahaus on October 16, 2019, 03:09:07 PM
Quote from: SM105K on October 10, 2019, 09:48:24 PM
I made a stop by PPE this afternoon. I met Paul and he supplied me with some flanges for my upcoming 3rd cat and stock resonator delete mod coming next week...

Care to post some pics of that flange? Is it 2.5" or 2.25"?

If you look at Jordan's picture they are the two bolt flanges at the end of the PPE DP's.  Off the top of my head, Paul said they are 2.5 inch.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

The Flange is indeed 2.5" which connects to the mid-pipe of the exhaust and located on the Bottom of the PIC below. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SM105K

bpd1151

Anyone live within relatively close proximity to PPE that would be willing to stop in and ask either Paul or Eric to reach out to me?

I sent them an email approximately 2 weeks, inquiring about the possibility of developing an improved, new set of exhaust manifolds for our platform.

Never received a response and have called them twice since sending the email, to hopefully speak with them directly. No return calls to date.

I am willing to send them my current, used, OEM manifolds for inspection/review, and for possible product development.

Was hoping to have them coordinate with their development of my DP's I currently have on order (& paid in full already) to maybe send off to JET-HOT to BOTH be coated accordingly.

Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter.

I'd imagine that they may be possibly preparing for SEMA, but am not sure.

Mike K.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Alrighty...... well not sure who may have reached out to them.

However,  Eric just called me back now. He apologized for the error/delay in getting back to me, saying that he thought his brother Paul had called me.

Long story short, they got out of the manifold business end of things a few years back.

That said, Eric did report he would discuss with his brother about possibly recommending an alternate vendor/supplier, that may possibly be interested in taking up the reigns on development.

So maybe more info forthcoming on that.

Thanks to whomever contacted them for me, on my behalf. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Its overdue for companies to STOP sleeping on the SHO
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20