• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My Gearhead Meth tune

Started by bamsho, September 22, 2019, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

After receiving my first couple tunes from Gearhead,  I was able to send Matt a log with the car spraying meth.  Matt replied to me and sent me a revised meth tune.  Loaded the tune this morning and did a quick pull.   OMG, what major difference.  Car def has more power than before, no doubt.  She will def put you back into your seat.  Will do another log for Matt to look over and tweak if he needs too.  It's going to be a couple weeks till I get to the track, and I hope I get to the numbers I need to see.  If I get them, Kris and I will be going to Cecil County.

I really glad I made the switch, not looking back at all!!
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: bamsho on September 22, 2019, 12:38:49 PM
After receiving my first couple tunes from Gearhead,  I was able to send Matt a log with the car spraying meth.  Matt replied to me and sent me a revised meth tune.  Loaded the tune this morning and did a quick pull.   OMG, what major difference.  Car def has more power than before, no doubt.  She will def put you back into your seat.  Will do another log for Matt to look over and tweak if he needs too.  It's going to be a couple weeks till I get to the track, and I hope I get to the numbers I need to see.  If I get them, Kris and I will be going to Cecil County.

I really glad I made the switch, not looking back at all!!
Same experience. Power comes in strong and just builds all the way to redline. Addictive. I go through meth at 3x the rate now but God is it worth it. My LMS meth v2 tune was stronger on top vs GH non-meth. GH stronger low to mid rpms.

Now GH is way stronger everywhere and the shifting is amazing.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Let's get some new PBs and record times :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bamsho

Manu, yes I think some new PBs are coming, even that major goal I want. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bamsho

Well here is an update with my Gearhead meth tunes.   I have run a new local track PB at a 12.28 on just 93 fuel.  So on the way home that night, I did a datalog pull.  Sent the file to Matt, he looked at it and said I was over mething and recommended I goto a smaller nozzle.  I ordered a new M10 nozzle from Alky Controls to replace the M15 I was using.  I swapped out nozzles and sent Matt a new log.  He replied that it was a way better log than before with the M15 nozzle.  Even the butt dyno sensed the car was working better with the new M10 nozzle.  So I will be getting a revised file with now more boost.  Amazing how 2 changes to the car has made a world of difference.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickstewartroc

Well looks like I need to get a meth setup on mine now
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

ridered74

What impresses me about his tunes every single time I go to the track is how consistent it is. With so many variables and how little I actually pay attention to launch rpm, my ET's are normally within a couple hundredths of each other every single pass. I usually have one black sheep run that is a tenth off all the others, but the rest of them are amazingly similar.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on October 22, 2019, 08:27:33 PM
Well here is an update with my Gearhead meth tunes.   I have run a new local track PB at a 12.28 on just 93 fuel.  So on the way home that night, I did a datalog pull.  Sent the file to Matt, he looked at it and said I was over mething and recommended I goto a smaller nozzle.  I ordered a new M10 nozzle from Alky Controls to replace the M15 I was using.  I swapped out nozzles and sent Matt a new log.  He replied that it was a way better log than before with the M15 nozzle.  Even the butt dyno sensed the car was working better with the new M10 nozzle.  So I will be getting a revised file with now more boost.  Amazing how 2 changes to the car has made a world of difference.

It's because that previous vendor you were using is relying way to heavily on Meth for actual fueling, which I've learned is NOT a good thing.

The Meth should be being used more for its cooling and cleaning properties primarily. NOT necessarily for addt'l fueling. Or in this case, being overly reliant on it for fueling.

Glad to continue seeing that you're experiencing continued, reliable, consistent improvements across the board with the GH offerings.

Exciting to see what 2020 holds for you and others.

I have been speaking with the machine shop owner performing my engine rebuild, he is adamant about me downsizing my own Meth nozzles as well. So hopefully 2020 bodes well for me to. Personally speaking.

Great update Brian! Thanks for posting!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk