• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PD SHO knocks off a Chevy 6.2

Started by PDSHO, September 10, 2019, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDSHO

So my Police Interceptor is all stock 160K, commuter car that I just love. I like the power, reliability, sure footed feel, and the handling.
Anyhow my son has a friend David who just bought a 2019 GMC pickup with 6.2 430HP engine. He right away started telling me and my son how his truck could eat up my Cruiser! So I told my son to try him with his mother's 2015 Navigator, well the Nav. beat him to 50MPH and then the GMC walked away, but that was with regular fuel.
This emboldened David even more! and so I accepted his challenge. Last Sunday night we met. I did have Shell Nitro in the tank, I spooled up, launched hard and never looked back, took him by 3 car lengths at least.
The funny thing was I asked him if we should mark out a quarter mile and he said he could only race to 98mph cause his truck was governed! I was going 110 when he let off.
I also told him if he won I was getting a tune!!
There is my dumb/fun story, Greg
2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

ridered74

Quote from: PDSHO on September 10, 2019, 10:58:14 PM
So my Police Interceptor is all stock 160K, commuter car that I just love. I like the power, reliability, sure footed feel, and the handling.
Anyhow my son has a friend David who just bought a 2019 GMC pickup with 6.2 430HP engine. He right away started telling me and my son how his truck could eat up my Cruiser! So I told my son to try him with his mother's 2015 Navigator, well the Nav. beat him to 50MPH and then the GMC walked away, but that was with regular fuel.
This emboldened David even more! and so I accepted his challenge. Last Sunday night we met. I did have Shell Nitro in the tank, I spooled up, launched hard and never looked back, took him by 3 car lengths at least.
The funny thing was I asked him if we should mark out a quarter mile and he said he could only race to 98mph cause his truck was governed! I was going 110 when he let off.
I also told him if he won I was getting a tune!!
There is my dumb/fun story, Greg

Even tho you beat him, you should still get a tune. It doesn't change any of the driveablity, it just gives it more umph when you put the pedal to the floor.

The only thing I lose to anymore consistently are the newer vettes, but even those take almost a full quarter mile to catch up if you just beat them off the line by a tenth or two.

I'm more than four and a half years in now and still love driving the car. Before this I could never keep the same car more than a year and half before I wanted to move on to something else.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

802SHO

I love how moms navigator was thrown into the mix!  Lmao!  Nice kill Greg!  Well done!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Quinid

You must run premium in that 6.2 as per factory manual as well. So that dude is already at his peak.   My brother's 19 Sierra with that same 6.2 can't beat my stock Flex.
2014 Blue Flex 303A Appearance package all stock
2000 F250 XLT 7.3L 410k miles
SOLD--2010 nonPP SHO  Unleashed 93 tune, 3 bar map, K&N drop in filter. PPE Catted Downpipes. VTA mod
1957 Chevy 3200 pickup 3 speed stock straight 6
1968 Camaro RS 3 speed 350 sb with vortec heads.