• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Farewell MKS, too soon

Started by Simonsays, September 01, 2019, 10:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonsays

Well ladies and gents, its my saddened car heart that writes my time with my mks has run very short. Yesterday on an intersection a motorcycle ran the red light and laid down his bike at a higher than legal speed. I had stopped to hope he would be able to swerve but he was going to fast.

All things aside, i feel awful for him. My MKS front end was toast, he caused both airbags to deploy... He was wearing a helmet but nothing else. I know he is in tough shape  with his legs but officers later confirned that was all they are finding. He slid behind the bike and then hit it and went about another 45 feet when he landed.

I have been a rider for 15 plus years, sold my bike because its getting too dangerous to ride in the city nowadays. I know to look for them, but if they are going to blow the light not much I can do.

I wont know if my mks is totalled or not, more than likely so, but im just glad my son, myself, and for the most part, the biker are going to be ok.

I miss her already. This was too soon.

Im not sure I want to replace with another or what, just thought id let the community here know. Also, please send a prayer to this young man on the bike and his loved ones, he needs them.

MKS Tom

I can help you find another one if you want it.  I would see what the buyback is anyways for parts if not anything else.  I hope the other guy can recover OK. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Macgyver

Oh man that could have been a lot worse for all involved.

There is no way in heck I will ever ride anything with 2 wheels on a public street.

Only Mountain Biking for me.

ZSHO

Glad no one was severely injured during this whole ordeal! I hope you get your MKS back better than new.

Bikes are a personal preference and still miss my shovel head. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Nothing is sacrosanct, especially during summertime driving.  Glad it turned out "relatively" OK, hope injuries are minimal and fast-healing.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FiveLeeter918

Wow sorry to hear, prayers for the rider and for you having to be part of it.

- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

limited02

Sorry to hear and hopefully the biker recovers fast! 

If you are wanting another MKS with the EAP option, there is a white one for sale in Wichita, KS with 85K miles on it.  This guy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/114664756022/user/100051438918442/