• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Taurus 2.0 Ecoboost input/ideas (tuning?)

Started by MKS Tom, August 31, 2019, 05:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

Thank you very much!   I owe you a beer. They literally increased the price from $10,400 to $11,800 today. lol. That is a hard pass going in the wrong direction. It's insane for a Toyota dealer to do this on a weird Taurus they have had for 40 days. I would be in the 9000-9500 range but I won't bother going seeing as they raised the price $1,400 today.

Thank you very much.
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Macgyver

LOL seriously? WOW

Its not worth $10k.

9k. Yeah solid sedan. Too many cosmetic deficiencies and unknown repairs that were not reported.

I am still showing $10,400

https://www.performancetoyotapa.com/inventory/used-2013-ford-taurus-limited-fwd-4dr-car-1fahp2f97dg203566

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Macgyver

MKS Tom

I emailed the GM and he told me that it was "market adjusted" to which I laugh in his face.  He said he would honor the $10,400, which I also will laugh at as it is not worth that.  I am going to keep watching this vehicle on the Cars.com app to see how long it takes it for it to shoot below what is market value just for fun.  I won't do business with these people so I won't buy it. 

Macgyver

Wow. Yeah that's sad. The hood looks like some one used a snow scraper to clean it off. Pass air damn is cracked. 2 door dings pass side. Big scratch near the fuel fill. Both corners front bumper is scratched up. The clips are missing on that driver rear side bumper. Driver door is clearly not matching paint. You can see over spray in a few spots. Trunk has been adjusted. Basically the outside is banged up. Engine bay, trunk, underside, and interior are good.

I disnt even drive it so there is possibly even worse.

Not worth $10,400. Not even close.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Here is that SVX.......

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MKS Tom

Quote from: SHOdded on September 06, 2019, 04:41:06 PM
SVX = one of a kind find

Yeah, he had mentioned one in his town. I have one and have been in that community for a decade.