• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Coolant question

Started by Scott13SHO, September 21, 2019, 07:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

Been seeing issues with water pumps on the car the past few weeks on facebook and other places. Finally got around to opening the hood today on my car and noticed the coolant level in the reservoir was "low" (maybe 2-3 inches below the range lines), but the car hasn't been driven since Thursday afternoon (the car has been sitting the driveway on a slight incline) and my dip stick shows no oil contamination (plus I need to change the oil on it this week)...so should I panic or should I just drive the car and see where the level is after a drive? If I'm little low-what should I add coolant wise? I'm planning on getting the coolant changed out in a couple weeks since the car is about 6 1/2 years old and has about 89K on it.
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

Gjkrisa

You may have a coolant leak
https://youtu.be/R3-NOGZL8ms

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

I concur ^^^.  Fill it up with distilled water to the top of the COLD FILL range and observe behavior.  Typically coolant leaks out the weephole in the valley of the block just under the pass side of the intake manifold.  Oil tends to leak from the weephole above the alternator.  In either of those cases, it is a timing/WP job.

Hopefully there is no coolant in the oil or vice versa.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!