• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 XSport - DTC P0016 - Camshaft Position Correlation, Bank 1

Started by MiWiAu, March 05, 2019, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Quote from: MiWiAu on May 14, 2019, 05:53:14 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 14, 2019, 05:16:53 PM
timing tensioner?

I believe he was referring to the serpentine belt tensioner. Will confirm shortly when I pick up.

I'm a bit skeptical, but trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Worst case, I bring it back tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when did you get the ESP ? I was thinking about getting one soonish.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Macgyver on May 14, 2019, 10:34:08 PM

So when did you get the ESP ? I was thinking about getting one soonish.

Just a couple months ago right after the timing chain failure before I rolled 75k miles.

I got mine through Ziegler Ford for over $1000 less than I was quoted by Ford ESP direct.

I opted for the 60k/48 mo plan, which was the most I could add with my current mileage. There's an inspection form that the dealer needs to complete, which ran me $125.

https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

Quote from: MiWiAu on May 14, 2019, 05:53:14 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 14, 2019, 05:16:53 PM
timing tensioner?

I believe he was referring to the serpentine belt tensioner. Will confirm shortly when I pick up.

I'm a bit skeptical, but trying hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Worst case, I bring it back tomorrow...

Confirmed - they replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner.

My skepticism is waning. After several days of this rattle (consistently appearing 45-60 sec after a cold start), there was no noise this morning...

Repair order attached for posterity.

2013 XSport

SHOdded

Would be great if this is true, fingers crossed :)  First instance of rattling caused by belt tensioner.  Usually it's like cards in bicycle spokes kind of "flitting" sound, mostly on colder days/near freezing & below.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on May 15, 2019, 09:37:45 AM
Would be great if this is true, fingers crossed :)  First instance of rattling caused by belt tensioner.  Usually it's like cards in bicycle spokes kind of "flitting" sound, mostly on colder days/near freezing & below.

Yeah, I definitely would have guessed chain slap. Didn't sound like any tensioner/belt issue I've heard.

The little nugget in the repair order is to remove the accessory belt and see if the noise goes away. I could have done that, but I was convinced it was timing chain related.

I'll check back if the noise returns. :)

2013 XSport

MiWiAu

FYI, my coworker told me this morning that he got a P0016 code on his 2014 XSport with 73k miles. He bought it new and it's all stock.
2013 XSport

SHOdded

Sorry to hear :(  Best I can say is coolant needed to be changed or maybe shoulda been running full synth all along.  Doesn't seem to be a place to point the finger tho.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on September 10, 2019, 11:04:20 AM
Sorry to hear :(  Best I can say is coolant needed to be changed or maybe shoulda been running full synth all along.  Doesn't seem to be a place to point the finger tho.

Yeah, I don't have any details on his service history, but I found it curious that he's experiencing similar symptoms at nearly the same mileage that I had.

If he has it diagnosed/repaired, I'll update with any new info. :)

2013 XSport