• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EPP Dual Intake!

Started by ZSHO, August 16, 2019, 07:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Its a bit windy out today so stay tuned,thanks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Here is a brief video as promised of the EPP DUAL INTAKE!
If you have any questions feel free to ask and Enjoy Folks. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Nova

A bit of a teaser but it sounds nice!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Bronco2fan

Looks awesome and sounds it too. But the question is what did you do with the red hotpipes you had on before and if/are you willing to part with them ?
2019 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue 5.0 PP, 2015 Audi Q7 TFSI Quattro. 2013 Ruby Red Metallic, PP.  06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition, 03 Mustang GT Conv, 84 Bronco II, and my 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2.

ZSHO

Quote from: Bronco2fan on September 25, 2019, 05:42:46 PM
Looks awesome and sounds it too. But the question is what did you do with the red hotpipes you had on before and if/are you willing to part with them ?
I do love Red and many can attest to that Lol. But sorry mine are in Gloss Black.
I think Jon Noriega X-SPORT has Red Hotpipes with EPP Intake IIRC! PICS of Jon's and mine below. Z  :)

SHOdded

SwampRat had his done in red as well a while back.  Snazzy!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

Intake air temperature sensor question. Going to do the install tomorrow and in just taking a quick look tonight, do you just bury the IAT sensor into the opening in the air cleaner up to the ear on the sensor? On the factory air box, the sensor itself protrudes into the box into the air flow, on the CAI filter mounting location it's kind of tucked inside the rubber mounting tube. Probably a mute point but I was kind of curious if it was that way by design for a bit of protection, and or, if it had any effect on sensor accuracy? Essentially, if it's not in the air flow I kind of look at it somewhat like an ambient air temp sensor. Easy enough to trim the opening on the filter back a bit to let the sensor seat deeper. And yeah, I do tend to overthink things.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Since the S&B air intake is pre-oiled I used a 1" in hose clamp to gently secure the IAT sensor in place for good measures.
I managed to locate a PIC for reference. Z

bamsho

Well finally broke down and bought EPP Dual feed intake.  Painting it with crinkle paint before I stall it.

Just finished putting 3 coats of paint on everything, will used heat gun tomorrow when I got home from work to do the crinkle effect.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bamsho

Well installed the EPP dual feed yesterday, had to do some tweeking, but all good.  Sounds great and took her for a little drive.  Seems to want to run now since she can breathe.  Track opens in couple weeks, so we wil see.  Personally, I def recommend this upgraded over the other kits.  I have been running a modified Airaid setup.  Also it gets rid of the choke point, 90 degree bend for the front turbo.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Awesome!  Look forward to new personal bests and bracket racing victories!

bamsho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 15, 2020, 02:47:16 PM
Awesome!  Look forward to new personal bests and bracket racing victories!

Thanks Manu,  yes going to be doing some more bracket and special event racing this year.

ZSHO

Quote from: bamsho on March 15, 2020, 08:29:55 AM
Well installed the EPP dual feed yesterday, had to do some tweeking, but all good.  Sounds great and took her for a little drive.  Seems to want to run now since she can breathe.  Track opens in couple weeks, so we wil see.  Personally, I def recommend this upgraded over the other kits.  I have been running a modified Airaid setup.  Also it gets rid of the choke point, 90 degree bend for the front turbo.
Lookin Good Brian! Enjoy. Z  :thumb:

bamsho

Quote from: ZSHO on March 16, 2020, 07:04:25 AM
Quote from: bamsho on March 15, 2020, 08:29:55 AM
Lookin Good Brian! Enjoy. Z  :thumb:

Thanks Z!!