• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EPP Dual Intake!

Started by ZSHO, August 16, 2019, 07:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Has anyone tried to install this Intake  on there own!
I know its a PITA go get the intake shield and filter inside the pipes and then clamp the filter! 
It seems I haven't Fully mastered this Technique after a few hrs of trial & error yesterday!

I did find removing the Front charge pipe to IC to make it much easier for install while giving you more than adequite room to adjust the T-Bolt clamps especially between the front IC Pipes and Turbo pipes with such limited space.

I will try using a C- Clamp later today or maybe some assistance from Easton (SM105K) would be beneficial! LoL.  :D

I will post a full review once install is complete. Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

Place the filter in the shield, put the pipes through the shield into the intake then pull the filter through the shield. Should be much easier.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

Here are a couple of Pics from my phone!
Since the filter is pre-oiled cleaned the opening with some Degreaser in order for the clamps to provide a more secure fit over the pipes.  :)
I will post some better Pics shortly once @ the stable.. 

:bigthanx:  to Mike.B who was gracious enough to step up to the plate and introduce this new Dual intake for the ecoboost platform! Z  :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

ZSHO

I just took it for a quick spin and the sound is purely amazing and much much louder than the Airaid CAI! I noticed the TIAL-BOV is much more pronounced upon decel than before and so far could not be happier IMHO!  :)
I'm hoping to have some time to clean the engine bay and take it for a spirited run soon.
If you have any question feel free to ask and have a great weekend fellow ecobooster's. Z

802SHO

I was just going to say how does it sound?  It looks Absoutley amazing and its for sure a must have.  I will be getting one of these eventually! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

A guy in here tested the Air Raid and it performed better once he had it enclosed. He put a plexiglass top on it and bolted it on.

It was a few years ago but maybe a worthy mod.

This could be sexier looking with a clear top and a stenciling.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3250.105.html

ZSHO

I think this is what the new upgraded Intercooler needed! I know Matt@GHG says this is a great combo for his IC and reduces WGDC by around 8% no doubt with a proven 7HP increase over the Airaid intake AFAIK!

The temps were in the low 90's today and noticed improved performance especially on the Top end while noticing the temp gauge fluctuating more than usual after the EPP Dual intake install..

I guess time will tell in form of a time slip. Z 

6500rpm

That's awesome.  EPP shows the cold air intakes are out of stock right now,  how often do they restock?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Quote from: 6500rpm on September 05, 2019, 06:53:51 AM
That's awesome.  EPP shows the cold air intakes are out of stock right now,  how often do they restock?
I Pm Mike for ya! Z   :)

EcoPowerParts

Designing version 2 currently with a filter made for us, new silicone hose for the rear turbo and some changes to the pipes to help manufacturing process.
Expecting around 90 days, there's a list already for people to get in on pre-orders. Pricing will be going up but people who are ready to pay now via invoice will receive existing pricing.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

6500rpm

Thanks for the assist Z and email sent Mike.  Once I get this sorted out I need to hit you up about exactly what I need to order a full set of hot pipes for my application.

If someone reads this and has the link from about a year ago discussing the addition of the Tial to the noise maker delete pipe please throw me a bone and post the link. I need to brush up and get up to speed.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Here's my thread on the TIAL BOV & EPP HOTPIPES From many years ago! I hope this helps any. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,5929.msg93277.html#msg93277

ZSHO

I have a video of the EPP Dual intake in the works very very soon for anyone interested! Sorry been busy with life's daily obstacles as of late. Z

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!