• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HELP! Rear dome lights won’t turn off

Started by Mossdahaus, August 14, 2019, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossdahaus

So I'm in the middle of swapping out my interior bulbs to LEDs. I got the front ones done easily and moved onto the back ones.

While trying to pull out the center rear bulb using needle nose, the 2 swivel lights came on and will not shut off. I tried the button and still nothing. The center one is replaced with an LED at this point and turns on and off with the front lights but the rear swivels stay on no matter what. Any help of what to look at?

2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

ZSHO

The middle bulb requires a resistor IIRC! Trt to remove the fuse for dome/map lights!I hope this helps any!  Z

https://paulstravelpictures.com/Ford-Taurus-Dome-Rear-Passenger-Light-Bulbs-Replacement-Guide/index.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Mossdahaus

Thank you! Ended up pulling the bulbs so it wouldn't drain the battery.
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

LipschitzWrath

Quote from: ZSHO on August 14, 2019, 10:26:51 PM
The middle bulb requires a resistor IIRC! Trt to remove the fuse for dome/map lights!I hope this helps any!  Z

https://paulstravelpictures.com/Ford-Taurus-Dome-Rear-Passenger-Light-Bulbs-Replacement-Guide/index.html

This is exactly correct.  When I swapped to LED's, the rear domes would not shut off until I installed a resistor.  It didn't take much.  I'm pretty sure I just used a little 1/4 watt resistor I had laying around.  TBH, I'm not even sure what the resistance value was!