• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Splitter

Started by 802SHO, August 12, 2019, 07:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

How do skis, rifles, violins get shipped?  I assume book rate type mail?  Surely there is a way around it.  Let's see what Amazon charges for shipping ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 16, 2019, 07:31:59 PM
How do skis, rifles, violins get shipped?  I assume book rate type mail?  Surely there is a way around it.  Let's see what Amazon charges for shipping ...

Excellent point.  No one charged 300 to ship a fishing pole either.  I didn't consider Amazon.  I'll look into that
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

Amazon doesn't do anything for you if you're sending something that you did not buy from them.  Figured but it was worth a shot.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

ZSHO

It's unfortunately more of an issue with the odd dimensions than anything else AFAIK! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

In attempting to create a sellable splitter for some of you folks I have remembered that my chin spoiler has been modified.  When I had my chin spoiler in the body shop to get painted and attached to my bumper they kept telling me the chin spoiler was too wide.  They insisted on cutting it to shorten it to sit flush with both ends of my bumper.  I remember asking if that would throw off the dimensions of it...no they said.  Well it appears to have indeed changed the dimensions of my chin spoiler and ive been battling fitment issues with the new splitter made into a CAD drawing to perfection.  Perfect doesn't line up with my modified chin spoiler.  The splitter I made largely traced my chin spoiler so my splitter fits my chin spoiler.  If I were to make a one fits all splitter from my chin spoiler shape they might not fit yours properly.  This is been an issue I've been trying to resolve but I can't without having another chin spoiler to use as a fitment test for the new splitter. 

I've been trying to send Easton the new splitter template to confirm the new splitter is a go .....more or less confirming my chin spoiler is out of whack.  And with the shipping rates this was preventing progress and fitment confirmations to happen.  Not today.  I snapped the splitter template in half inside USPS...so I could send it out and move on with progress with this project.  Get this?  I had to buy a roll of tape and with that included...2 day shipping to Easton was $28 dollars!!!!!!!!!  So then why double that size is it another $270 dollars!?!?  I'm going to get this sorted out.  JC!   

SHOdded

Appreciate the hard work!  Probably why projects like this end up being shelved LOL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOdded on September 19, 2019, 02:43:29 PM
Appreciate the hard work!  Probably why projects like this end up being shelved.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Agreed and thankful for the continued perseverance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

The fact that a lot of projects do fall off is part of what is pushing me to go further as I care about my reputation too much to just give up.  I don't want to be known for that.

shoNoff

Great work on this Andrew. What a project. If some s*** stick that lived closer didn't sell his sho, the shipping to Easton wouldn't be a problem.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on September 20, 2019, 09:17:17 AM
Great work on this Andrew. What a project. If some s*** stick that lived closer didn't sell his sho, the shipping to Easton wouldn't be a problem.

Speaking of s*** sticks you should let me ship them out from your store!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Let me know when you get that!  Fingers crossed its the 1!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

shoNoff

Quote from: 802SHO on September 20, 2019, 11:40:58 AM
Quote from: shoNoff on September 20, 2019, 09:17:17 AM

Speaking of s*** sticks you should let me ship them out from your store!

I totally would but we don't even have a ups or fed ex account. Everything we ship gets done out of the main hub in Boston.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Easton reported the splitter template is a go so I just dropped off some sheets to get them cut.  Next will be to drop them off to get the outside edges rounded.  Shipping is still a question mark.  I'll need to get a solid number to be able to put a price on this for you guys. 

When I have them done I will ask you guys if you want the same rods I have in aluminum or carbon fiber.  Carbon fiber will be a price difference of $30.  In leau of the rods I am personally changing to the carbon fiber rods and will disassemble my bumper, chin spoiler and splitter to make a how to video to install.