• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 MKS Waterpump and Other Items

Started by Dannymack, December 17, 2019, 10:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannymack

Dropped the new to me MKS off at the local dealer today to get a suspension knock diagnosed. That came back simple enough as the sway bar links which I can do myself. One other large item came up which is the water pump. As I've read around here this isn't uncommon so I'm planning to have them do it. While they're in there what other things should I consider having them do? Timing chain and oil pump? Others?
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

nickstewartroc

Timing chain and related components, cheap insurance while in there doing the water pump since most of it needs removed to do the WP anyways. It won't be cheap though, probably upwards of 1k+
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

Dannymack

Quote from: nickstewartroc on December 17, 2019, 11:20:40 PM
Timing chain and related components, cheap insurance while in there doing the water pump since most of it needs removed to do the WP anyways. It won't be cheap though, probably upwards of 1k+

Yeah the pricing I know will be hefty, but honestly in the past I was so used to timing belt cars that this just fits right within what I'm used to in terms of work that's needed at 100k. Just glad the motor is still fine. Normally I would do this work myself, but my time is now better spent elsewhere.

I'll have them do the chain.
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

SHOdded

Timing chain, tensioners, sprockets, VCT solenoids, water pump at a minimum.  Oil pump if you want to, tho these rarely fail.

See what these kits offer to get an idea of the absolute minimum:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2013,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,1503823,engine,timing+set,5756

and this document for what would be ideal
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!