• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2020 Explorer ST tuning now available

Started by Livernois Motorsports, August 08, 2019, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Yesterday we announced that Tuning for the 2020 Explorer ST was ready for release, ensuring another EcoBoost offering that we were first to market on. Of course, everyone wanted to see the baseline, and tuned results! Check out the video to see the gains on our V1 tune for this promising new platform. As an added bonus, we can eliminate the skip gear function that frustrates so many 10-speed drivers on the F150 and Mustang platform! Our MyCalibrator Touch Performance Tuner is available now for the 2020 Explorer ST, so follow the link to purchase yours today!

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631160

https://youtu.be/T5aUHUxCou0

LostnEye

Serious question, will this tune work well in cold weather or is there fuel pressure concerns like the SHOs? 

Also considering everything that has been going on lately I have to point out you are not the only vendor already offering 2020 Explorer ST tunes. I have seen e blend tune dyno sheets already.  This new platform seems very promising and may end up replacing my SHO eventually but please lets not claim first to market, it's little embellishments like this that are helping to erode your reputation and bring the doubts when larger issues come up.
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: LostnEye on August 08, 2019, 02:17:57 PM
Serious question, will this tune work well in cold weather or is there fuel pressure concerns like the SHOs? 

Also considering everything that has been going on lately I have to point out you are not the only vendor already offering 2020 Explorer ST tunes. I have seen e blend tune dyno sheets already.  This new platform seems very promising and may end up replacing my SHO eventually but please lets not claim first to market, it's little embellishments like this that are helping to erode your reputation and bring the doubts when larger issues come up.

We were the first to release tuning for this platform and if you do a quick search you will see that nothing before yesterday was posted anywhere before we did.  Commercially available software companies have not released anything until yesterday.  The only EcoBoost vehicles that we've seen have issues with the colder weather is the Taurus SHO.  So it doesn't look like this new platform is going to have those same type of issues with cold weather on 91-93 octane. 

Livernois Motorsports

The Explorer ST is already showing early promise on what it's capable of with some of our future products for it. We're seeing crazy numbers with some e30 and e40 blends, and even some better numbers on 93 octane gasoline! This truck is a fuel pump away from hurting some serious feelings! Good thing we have some experience with that!

https://youtu.be/WHPMET0PgUE

Blackhawk

Impressive for sure, I have a 3.0t in my 2017 Lincoln MKZ.  Do you offer E blend tunes for that as well? Not seeing it on the website.  I wonder how close the transverse and longitudinal 3.0t are in specs.

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: Blackhawk on August 19, 2019, 11:31:48 PM
Impressive for sure, I have a 3.0t in my 2017 Lincoln MKZ.  Do you offer E blend tunes for that as well? Not seeing it on the website.  I wonder how close the transverse and longitudinal 3.0t are in specs.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

I know we've done E30 tunes for the 3.0L in the Continental, so I don't see it being an issue for the MKZ.