• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread

Started by Dannymack, December 23, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

Quote from: Dannymack on July 16, 2020, 11:49:06 PM
Intercooler pipes arrived today and I also started reforming the lower grille panels so that they look like they belong. Once done they should curve nicely right back towards the intercooler making a clean look (if the intercooler mounts how I hope...)
Could you share the link to where to buy the silicone y pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

Dannymack

Quote from: Chris_Flex on August 10, 2020, 12:14:51 PM
Quote from: Dannymack on July 16, 2020, 11:49:06 PM
Intercooler pipes arrived today and I also started reforming the lower grille panels so that they look like they belong. Once done they should curve nicely right back towards the intercooler making a clean look (if the intercooler mounts how I hope...)
Could you share the link to where to buy the silicone y pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The intercooler is the Treadstone TR8L. Core dimensions are 7.8x24x3.5. Silicone Y is https://www.allpurposepipes.com/aluminum-intercoolers/intake-pipe-reducer/silicone-y-pipe-reducer-p-8192.html?osCsid=5uqq5tfogeffijtu681v67d9g7
2013 MKS EcoBoost Fully Loaded
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Macgyver

Dannymack

Been MIA for a while, but still messing around with the MKS. Here's what I have been up to.

1. New front strut Mounts
2. New front lower control arms
3. New PP PTU
4. Swapped plugs to 578's at .028
5. New front right axle since boot was leaking and was out for PTU
6. Starting transmission fluid swap
7. Some aesthetic work on the rear (light tint on reverse and brake and black strip across)
8. Starting a new wheel set. They are from a Maserati Ghibli. Rears are basically bolt on other than hun centric rings. Fronts are the same, but looks wise need to be pushed out a little so that is next. Setup will be staggered since I like that look. They will have some nice sticky rubber to compensate for the 245 fronts. Rears will be 275 on a 10.5 wide rim.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

Dannymack

Time for me to do a quick update of where this project sits so far in terms of what it has needed since I purchased it about 18 month ago in early December 2019.

Purchased with around 100k (can't remember exact) for $12,000

What it has needed since then (some of this is my fault for not inspecting better on purchase):
*= paid someone else to do it
- Water pump and timing chains $3100*
- Front sway bar links $50
- Lower front control arms $200
- Front strut mounts $72
- PTU and front right axle - $1900*
- Front left axle - $130
- 4 new rotors $250
- 2 full rounds of brake pads $250
- Winter tires $500
- All season tires (lasted 20k due to spirited driving) $600
- Summer tire and wheel set $1200
- Cabin filter $10
- Spark plugs $35
- 20 quarts of transmission fluid $75
- 5 oil changes $250
- Trunk struts $25
- Other things I likely can't remember

Things I did to make it more fun:
- Tunes and Tuner $500
- AEM Filter $50
- XDI-35 $1500
- FMIC Setup $600
- Ethanol Monitor $200
- Headlight painting $100
- Roof Rack $700
- Other aesthetics $400

Things still to do maintenance wise:
- all 4 struts/shocks $1100
- Turbos $1200-$2500
- Random bushings throughout $400

Basically somewhere around 13k into this car just in maintenance and some upgrades plus the 12k purchase price. Would I recommend this car to anyone else... No I would not. But I still enjoy it and by the time all of this maintenance is done it should do me well for a while.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads

mguy13sport

Sounds like you have that car overhauled pretty good. I didn't see anything about transmission but that may be something to monitor. The 6F55 is pretty stout but the stock converter will eventually crap out. Also saw you got a new PTU in there definitely want to drain and refill that regularly. Do not slack on the PTU maintenance with that added power. I'm at 130k miles and just did the waterpump and timing chain set and car feels really strong easily pushes 15psi on Livernois tune with stock PTU, tranny etc.
2013 Explorer Sport
Livernois tuned
Steeda rear suspension

Google Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WKt7eXzdXMyPEC6K8

Dannymack

Quote from: mguy13sport on May 30, 2021, 12:32:48 PM
Sounds like you have that car overhauled pretty good. I didn't see anything about transmission but that may be something to monitor. The 6F55 is pretty stout but the stock converter will eventually crap out. Also saw you got a new PTU in there definitely want to drain and refill that regularly. Do not slack on the PTU maintenance with that added power. I'm at 130k miles and just did the waterpump and timing chain set and car feels really strong easily pushes 15psi on Livernois tune with stock PTU, tranny etc.

Swapping out the transmission valve body this week due to some odd shifting in 3rd and 5th. Hope that fixes it, but know a tyranny may be in the near future depending.

For the PTU I'll be swapping every 3rd oil change to keep it happy.
AJP E40 Tuned
XDI-35
Godspeed Springs
EBC Yellow Brake Pads