• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 pp driveline in 2010 sho questions.

Started by Spyder3000gtvr4, August 03, 2019, 08:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

Ok will look up what the best option is with the secondary cooler line. As far as the wiring the smaller one seems to want to go to the starter clips in nice and easily has a clip that's snug. The  thicker one with two wires on it can make it to the starter but I'd have to pull on the wires a bit so thinking it's the smaller one.
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Spyder3000gtvr4

So i just left the local ford dealership, Was trying to look into the parts for the second antifreeze line and the gentleman couldn't find them. So tried for about half an hour. So going to have to see if I can find the parts needed to see if it's worth adding the parts or just capping it. Not really in the mood to take off the intake to see what's involved in swapping out the 2010 single line
Time involved researching/working on car: well over 100hours
Time driving the car: lol less then 10hours!

SHOdded

Just cap it!  Do go thru the shoforum thread.

ZSHO

I wholeheartedly agree with Manu and simply put a cap on it and be done with it. Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

Got the car all together. Put the key in glove box cranked nothing. Cracked second time it sputtered now all it's doing is cranking. I don't think the fuel pump is on and the security light is flashing. Any advise... remote is dead only works in glove box. Tried locking the car putting code in the door so don't know if it's a security issue or if the fuel pump needs to be reset since the battery was out for 6 months.

SHOdded

If it were a loss of PATS security communication, it would not even crank, so that is not it.  Key fob battery or vehicle battery or both could be suspect.  Could be low or bad fuel from sitting.  Recheck and firmly seat all fuses and relays in the underhood fusebox.  Make sure the connectors at the PCM and whatever else you disconnected are good.  Can you get codes from the PCM?  I would think if it cranks, it can set codes.

Spyder3000gtvr4

Battery is a ur old and was on the trickle charger during the engine transplant, key fob is dead but battery is a yr old and only wants to crank when it's in the key holder. Gas is 93 6 months old topped it off 10 miles prior to engine going. I'll have to get a code reader to see if I can get anything. From what I recall if the hoods open and you're standing at the engine bay I thought I'd hear the hissing from the fuel system. I don't hear anything at all now and even after trying to crank the engine 6-7 times no smell at all even at the exhaust tip. I feel like the fuel pump isn't going. That's why I thought it had to do with the security since the red light was blinking in the car

SHOdded

According to this, one of the antennas might have failed, requiring the fob insertion into the center console slot.  Assuming the key fob battery is new.  As to why it cranks but not starts, let's see about the codes.

QuoteNormal Operation
During each vehicle start sequence, when the start/stop switch is pressed, the Remote Function Actuator (RFA) activates all 3 passive start antennas, which send out a low frequency signal. If an Intelligent Access (IA) key is within range of an passive start antenna, the low frequency signal activates the IA key. When the IA key is activated it sends a high frequency signal to the Remote Functions Receiver (RFR) module. The RFR module communicates with the RFA module. If the RFA module determines that a programmed IA key is in the vehicle, it interacts with the PCM to start the vehicle.

If the vehicle has a failure of any passive start antenna, the battery in the IA key, or the RFR module, the vehicle can experience a Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) no-start. However, in the event of one of these failures, the IA key can be placed in the backup slot (located in the center console) to allow the vehicle to start. The backup transceiver is located next to the backup slot and activates an IA key if it is placed in the slot. The backup transceiver is hardwired to the RFA module and when it is activated, sends out a low frequency signal. If a programmed IA key is in the backup slot when the backup transceiver is activated, it activates the IA key and the identification code is sent back to the RFA module through the backup transceiver.

Once the RFA module determines that a programmed IA key is inside the vehicle and receives a request to start the engine, it turns the ignition ON and communicates with the PCM over the High Speed Controller Area Network (HS-CAN). Once the ignition mode is turned ON, both the RFA module and PCM check the parameters against what has been programmed into them. If there is a programmed IA key inside the vehicle and the parameters are correct, then the RFA module and PCM enable the starter relay and fuel injectors.

QuotePATS disables the vehicle from starting if there is:

• a damaged IA key.
  • a damaged IA passive start antenna (of the 3 used for starting the vehicle).
  • an unprogrammed IA key.
  • a non-encoded (non- IA ) key (a conventional PATS key or one that does not have any electronics).
damaged wiring. [/li]
[li]a damaged backup transceiver (only if the IA key is in the backup transceiver slot). [/li]
[li]a dead battery in the IA key (backup transceiver slot may be used to start the vehicle in this case). [/li]
[li]a damaged RFR module. [/li]
[li]a damaged RFA module. [/li]
[li]a damaged PCM.[/li]
[/list]

tarmstrong

Any chance the fuel pump safety switch has been tripped?
2018 Maroon PP SHO
K&N Drop-in

Previous: 2015 Dark Side Metallic PP SHO
3 Bar, K&N, Tune

ZSHO

Do you hear a (click sound) coming from the engine bay after having it in accessory mode then ignition OFF ? Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Spyder3000gtvr4

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I looked in the manual it's very vague on how to reset it. Googled it... nothing. Tried the search on here but didn't seem to find it (probably using the search wrong)
The only other thing I could possibly think of is that I put the flywheel in the wrong spot which I highly doubt but even if I did I'd still smell gas which I am not. Not hearing the hissing for it to prime.

As far as a clicking I'll go check but I don't recall. A buzzing sound near the trans and the fpr is making a very faith buzzing

Spyder3000gtvr4

Haven't had time to look at the car again will try this weekend. Will listen for clicking sound as mentioned. I saw the article about the recall for the fuel pump module not sure it that applies to my car. Was thinking of trying starter fluid to see if it's the fuel pump any suggestions on testing the pump?