• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Boost leak help

Started by FiveLeeter918, July 31, 2019, 03:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

Quote from: ZSHO on October 18, 2019, 06:53:16 AM
Glad you found it! Is it still under warranty! 
Remove both Front and rear under- cover. PICS Below.  Z
Thanks Z!  It's definitely not under warranty (I had an extended warranty and I ended up getting my money's worth for it however it expired in June) or I would have just taken it to the dealer and let them probably just put a new turbo on it instead of troubleshooting it for so long. :)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

Hopefully the C Clip will get this issue buttoned down & you can go rip roaring down the street again :D

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2013-ford-taurus/turbocharger.html?Filter=(38591;30734)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

So brief update. I jacked the car up as high as it would safely go then crawled under it. It was quickly apparent that while I could see  the actuator from down there I wasn't going to be reaching it easily as my car is a PP and the oil cooler is in the way. I drained my oil and took off the filter which gave just enough room to squeeze my big hand in there but just one of them. I was able to grab the lever but it was retracted too far to slip it back over the wastegate pin and with just one hand I couldn't pull it. So I enlisted the help of my 10 year old and my air compressor. He squeezed some compressed air in to the actuator and when it moved I was able to wiggle it on to the rod. Success I thought! But then I tried to put a new e clip on it and that was nearly impossible with one hand. That and I'm not sure I had the exact size I needed. Gave up after one hour of trying and some choice words...I am probably going to have to remove the downpipe which isn't the end of the world but this was not the 5 minute job I was hoping for thanks to that oil cooler...

Oh and there is an exhaust gasket right up there with very sharp edges. Ask me how I know...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SHOdded

At least your progeny sees you spilling your blood.  Priceless :D

Did you confirm that the turbo is in good shape internally?  No other issues that might just end up blowing the circlip off again?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOdded on October 19, 2019, 02:10:36 AM
At least your progeny sees you spilling your blood.  Priceless :D

Did you confirm that the turbo is in good shape internally?  No other issues that might just end up blowing the circlip off again?
I did verify that the wategate appears to be okay. I could get full wastegate movement with the compressor...but I didn't actually see inside the turbo itself so anybody's guess!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk