• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Car won’t start

Started by Desmond1491, October 19, 2019, 11:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desmond1491

I have a 2010 Lincoln MKS ... So yesterday I was getting on the express way and out of nowhere I lost power I pulled off and the car shut off and the oil light turn on .... I added some oil and try to restart the car and heard a loud hissing noise and every time I put my foot on the gas the car would shut off and the oil light would come on..... so I checked for any leaks after getting my car towed back to my house and found this I guess It broke from the hose I tried taping the hose but my car still won't start ... any suggestions

SHOdded

Does the turbo look ok, no damage to the wheel or to the housing?  How about the oil?  Is it free of any debris?  Those would be my first concerns.  You would also want to check the intercooler for pooling oil.  Could be a bad hose, leaking oil feed line or blown turbo seal in play.

As to why it won't start, check for any codes that might be set.  Only critical issues set CELs, so don't go by that.

Test the battery for CCAs, voltage alone is not a good indicator of health.

Post pics of the battery and its' labels. Also of the engine bay without the appearance cover.  Might be some clues that will trigger ideas for nonstart reasons :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I would try removing the Negative ground terminal on Battery for @ least an hour! If the PCM is detecting a large leak it will not start.
Need to replace that front lower hose ASAP and hopefully its not the front turbo!  Z 

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2010-lincoln-mks/intercooler-air-ducts-and-hoses.html?Filter=(30734)

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8226.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Desmond1491

I just got a new battery yesterday and the black circle piece it broke off the hose going into the turbo I believe 

ZSHO

I'm not sure if it's worth modifying that charge pipe,but rather purchase a new replacement instead IMO! Dunno. Z 

Ford--  $117.41
Part Number- EB5Z-9R530-A
Part-  Connector Tube
Replaces- DB5Z-9R530-A

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-connector-tube-eb5z9r530a

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Desmond1491

So I tried a quick fix into I get the new hose do you think it will work ?

ZSHO

Quote from: Desmond1491 on October 20, 2019, 07:27:20 PM
So I tried a quick fix into I get the new hose do you think it will work ?
I would only try to see if the car starts that's about it IMO! Z

SHOdded

I have my doubts esp if you get into high psi.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!