• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Well..... it's time.

Off to a new home..... hopefully the next place she goes to, will treat her with as much care, love, and passion as I have all these years.

Buh bye old friend.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

SM105K

Good stuff Mike.  Will be fun to see what is going to happen in the future.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Macgyver

bpd1151

Quote from: Macgyver on March 15, 2022, 12:03:01 PM
Oh Jeez.

Private sale I assume ?
Nah..... my cryptic post was meant to stir the proverbial pot on a perceived sale.

To be clear..... I DID NOT SELL IT.

But rather she finally has been relocated to the engine builder's new shop, where it'll await its impending heart transplant, along with install of many other items accumulated over the past 2.5 years.

Still some custom fab work left to accomplish as well beyond mere install. Not to mention tuning after that.

A long, arduous road. But hey! Any progress is good progress and you know what..... ?

I'll F'n take it.

Macgyver

Oh man thats good. I figured you gave up and got rid of it all.

shaundizzle15

Plus 1 for thinking this build might've been dead, but super excited to see it completed.
Hockey/Golf/Car geek, Beagle loving, and totally comfortable with it.
Tuxedo Black nonPP 2013 SHO traded in
Shadow Black nonPP 2016 SHO
VTA, and tuned by GH

EcoPowerParts

Who's going to finish first? My V that's been down since 2013 or Mike's SHO? :) Mine just needs a little wiring on the trans and a tune but will probably be 2024... :P
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on April 13, 2022, 02:28:50 PM
Who's going to finish first? My V that's been down since 2013 or Mike's SHO? :) Mine just needs a little wiring on the trans and a tune but will probably be 2024...
I'm not in a race to "finish first".

I count my blessings as they occur, and although I am still at a loss for words for my long time mechanic friend who passed away.....

In the same token, I am tremendously thankful that Max Power stepped in, and is taking the necessary time to finish my build and get her roadworthy once again.

Good luck on your build there fellow Mike.

I wish you nothing but the best and also for some stellar results afterwards!

Exciting times ahead for us both..

EcoPowerParts

Just messing with you, these long term builds are brutal, I'm usually a 2 year max guy but I'm determined to finish my V and run an 8 second pass. I'm moving cross country soon so that throws a wrinkle into it as well but full steam ahead :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

Goodness. A cross country move?

Eek. Good luck with that. Where will you be referring to as home then?

And an 8 second pass huh? Goodness x2!

Lofty goals, but I'm confident that you're continued perseverance will see you achieve that goal for sure.

Continued success!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 27, 2022, 08:11:25 PM
Goodness. A cross country move?

Eek. Good luck with that. Where will you be referring to as home then?

And an 8 second pass huh? Goodness x2!

Lofty goals, but I'm confident that you're continued perseverance will see you achieve that goal for sure.

Continued success!

Moving near Atlanta on 11 acres so I can let the kids build on property and the grandkids will be close.
The V should make minimum 1200WHP on the twin turbo setup expecting more like 1400, lots and lots of guys in the 8's now with CTSV's, I started before them but took way longer to get it done. :)

www.ecopowerparts.com -

autox4fun

Mike!! Where is the latest update? it's been months, and winter is on it's way
Ported - Heads, EX manifolds, and turbine housings, GH - turbos, TQ, & IC, EPP intake and hotpipes w/Tial (11lbs), x35 spacer, MSD coils, PPE catted DP, Magnaflow exhaust, DW in tank, Livernois Hpfp, Fuel-IT e-sensor, AEM WMI, SHO trans cooler, Megan Coilovers, Retrofitted Headlights, TSW wheels

bpd1151

Quote from: autox4fun on October 23, 2022, 09:56:49 AM
Mike!! Where is the latest update? it's been months, and winter is on it's way
It has been (months).

Max Power was down to just himself as the owner for some time. Which set him back on several projects. Not just mine alone.

Last I heard (which was about 2 weeks ago) was that he has one employee who has returned from extended health issues and that they're making headway and trying to get back on track.

A recent test fit of motor/trans appears that the custom EM's previously fabricated, will require further modifications. Particularly the rear turbo specifically.

Hoping for some pics soon.

Thanks for the thread bump and inquiry. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and your end.

BlueSHO

Great news and have I read this build thread correct as over 3 years?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Quote from: BlueSHO on November 02, 2022, 11:13:49 PM
Great news and have I read this build thread correct as over 3 years?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Yes.

It's been challenging to say the least.

The failure.

Then my former long time friend and mechanic had moved shops a few times, before becoming sick and ultimately passing away.

Tracking down various parts (due to him moving shops, a pending divorce, then his passing).

COVID-19.

Supply chain issues.

Engine builder graciously has stepped in, where the deceased mechanic/friend left off.

Engine builder moved locations. Had employees with health issues (the latter have since recently returned to work and are doing much better).

Continued on going supply chain issues.

Sh!t. You name it, it has happened.

Can't say I haven't gotten discouraged during the span of all of the above, but I keep focused on it ultimately coming back to life one day.

Hasn't helped that a few other close friends and SHO owners have passed away as well during those 3yrs to..... so I focus on it returning to the road / track / and show scene as a tribute to each/all of them.