• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Matt and his family.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

:( sad
Mike really enjoy your post gives insight to everything going on.
Also enjoy your positive look on things and seem to know when to not be a jerk at the wrong moment we need more of you although im sure that just comes with age for most.
Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

BlueSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 08, 2021, 10:05:21 PM
Matt and his family.....

Omg that's soooooo terrible.  Wonder what happened? Prayers for the family..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

02/24/2021.......

Engine builder LMK that internal trans parts have been and continue to be, making their way back to the (new) trans vendor.

So more trans reassembly should be occurring next week.

Builder also LMK that he's (once again) taking active steps to make room to receive my SHO into his facility once again.

So despite the recent set backs regarding my now deceased long time mechanic pal, I am feeling re-energized and re-focused once again knowing that it seems things are getting back on track.

Continuing to keep my fingers crossed.

Macgyver

Progress is good.

Will be a killer rebuild. Someday.......

Keep us posted.

bpd1151

04/15/2021......

Welp.... having had some time to process and put behind me the death of my long time mechanic friend, I've since begun getting back on track with the ongoing SHO rebuild project.

I am happy to report that the completed transmission arrived this morning. Pics posted below.

Also, being concerned about the fact that my electrical needs have increased substantially (primarily due to the massive audio system, but for other reasons as well) I began a quest to find higher output alternators.

I was able to source a vendor that makes an  extremely high output alternator (for the forums edification, our stock alternator puts out 200amps max).

This new one will push out 370amps max.

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago, and due to requested customization on my end, the total turn around time is expected to be about 5 weeks. So should be in I'm guessing sometime beginning of May.

Here is a link:

370 Amp XP High Output Alternator (Ford Taurus 2010 3.5L Ecoboost) – DC Power Inc.
https://www.dcpowerinc.com/products/11271-370-xp-ford-taurus-2010-3-5l-ecoboost?rq=yr_2010~mk_ford~md_taurus~le_3-5l

My goal is to bring the black/white storm trooper like look into the engine bay as well. So besides the previous pics I posted of the motor being done, the trans casing as you can see has been done in black. The alternator will have black anodizing on the front, and the reverse will have billet.

So, although I was in a funk since last posting here, now that I've had time to mourn/process, I am excited once again to be back on track.

I spoke with the owner of Max Power, and had asked what's next as far as things to do. He explained that he's going to try and get as much assembled as possible, 1st. Then we'll get the shell of my car over to his facility to have motor/trans installed into the engine bay, and proceed from there. I expressed gratitude for his time/talents, and thanked him for the update(s).

Just wanted to pass along that progress has re-started. Hope everyone's well.

BlueSHO

Looking good Mike and  your buddy who worked on my SHO will be very much missed.
Can't wait to see your beast and be safe out there as I didn't think it could get any crazier out there but it has.  Take care

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

RickyB

Found this thread by accident while looking for Fusion Sport info. and couldn't stop reading. LOL  I see lots of things that can be used on my 2.7 FFS.  Things are still not normal here in FL.  This virus has killed my neighbor, and is starting a third wave.
I am eagerly awaiting your next series of posts. If I ever kill my engine this thread will be my rebuilding guide. Thank you for doing all this posting, I got exhausted reading it.

bpd1151

Hey there @RickyB ......

Thanks for posting and glad you found the thread. Even if by accident.

Sorry also about the lengthy read. Lots of info contained throughout. Enough to make any readers eyes bleed slightly from it's volume of content.

COVID-19 took a toll on so many things last year. Sorry for the loss of your friend. I've had so many challenges with this build. The pandemic being another factor I'd never thought would have such an impact that it did/had.

Very hopeful for some finalization this year. After all, this May 10th will mark 2 years that the cars been down. Geez.

Anyhow, lots of helpful and incredibly talented members/owners here besides myself. If we don't have answers for you directly, there's plenty of us here that have made great connections that can undoubtedly be able to help out.

Good luck with your project. Post some pics in your thread whenever time permits.

bpd1151

05/21/2021......

A little update..... The high power alternator from DC Power Engineering arrived at my door step just now.

Also, in anticipated preparation for the SHO to be towed / relocated out of / from my garage, and over to Max Power, I also purchased a brand new Motorcraft 850 battery, as well as two new front bumper mounts (thanks to my pal Mark over at Ford).

I also dropped off my upgraded sway bar from Whiteline, over to my local powder coater. He stripped it down, primed it properly, and then PC'd it in white.

Hoping to receive some updated pics from Max Power soon, of assembly of the motor, trans, and other ancillary parts as well. I know he's been super swamped, and he is also working on a few other fellow EcoBoost enthusiast's engines as well. So I am ok with the delays. My SHO's essentially a fun toy/spare car and it's not as necessary as other owner's to get it back up and running.

Small sacrifice for the over all good of others is completely and entirely acceptable.

Just wanted to post an update. Hope everyone's doing well and thank you for continuing to read/subscribe/etc.

------------- bpd1151

Macgyver

So what is your Idea on the HP Alt ?

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 21, 2021, 04:27:28 PM
05/21/2021......

A little update..... The high power alternator from DC Power Engineering arrived at my door step just now.

bpd1151

Quote from: Macgyver on May 22, 2021, 07:32:11 PMSo what is your Idea on the HP Alt ?

Great question!

Welp...... the alternator I had up until this arrived, was the factory version, with 81k original on it.

My thoughts are that my massive audio system is running in excess of 10k watts of power. The factory one, probably wouldn't continue cutting it moving forward.

That power level is being pushed through four separate amps. Two 15" subs. Two 12" subs. Two 6x9's. Four 5x8's. Four tweeters.

Add in all the LED lighting, and a 16v meth pump that is twice the size of the Alky pump I was running, my concerns were that the factory alternator was insufficient.

This HP one pushes out nearly double the power of the factory. 370 amps, versus the factory 200 amps.

Running the bigger 850 Motorcraft, and a second, Interstate deep cell marine battery in the trunk, kind of dictates I move up to a HP alternator.

Make sense??

bamsho

That's his new precious.  Protect it, Caress it.  My Precious
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on May 22, 2021, 09:03:08 PM
That's his new precious.  Protect it, Caress it.  My Precious
I'd rather protect, caress, and coddle you my friend.

Especially given all of your recent health challenges.

You of all people know 1st hand how many that are (or were) dear and close to me, have passed.

Hoping you continue to progress and succeed in your treatment and recovery.

Miss you tremendously pal.

Macgyver

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 22, 2021, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on May 22, 2021, 07:32:11 PMSo what is your Idea on the HP Alt ?

Great question!

Welp...... the alternator I had up until this arrived, was the factory version, with 81k original on it.

My thoughts are that my massive audio system is running in excess of 10k watts of power. The factory one, probably wouldn't continue cutting it moving forward.

That power level is being pushed through four separate amps. Two 15" subs. Two 12" subs. Two 6x9's. Four 5x8's. Four tweeters.

Add in all the LED lighting, and a 16v meth pump that is twice the size of the Alky pump I was running, my concerns were that the factory alternator was insufficient.

This HP one pushes out nearly double the power of the factory. 370 amps, versus the factory 200 amps.

Running the bigger 850 Motorcraft, and a second, Interstate deep cell marine battery in the trunk, kind of dictates I move up to a HP alternator.

Make sense??

I figured it was the Audio side of it. Always good to do as long as the ECM BCM etc can regulate it.