• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Haha haha damn wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

Quote from: 802SHO on October 17, 2020, 04:44:46 PM
Haha haha damn wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha.

But you looked.

And twice at that.

Weirdo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FearlessAZ

That damn turtle. Was reading this foum at work and coworker happened to look over when i was reading through that last page. Even he gave a WTF. LOL
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

bpd1151

PRICELESS!!

bpd1151

10/20/2020......

Not a big update by any means, but I was able to exchange a few texts with Uwe Ostmann over at XDI this morning. Asked him to "take my money" which he obliged and invoiced me accordingly. So the new XDI Injectors have been paid for.

Also, chatted with the engine builder as well recently. He's in the process of making room in his shop in order to accept the shell of my car to be housed there and some assembly / install work being able to begin.

Hoping to get the car out of my garage, and towed over there sometime in November. Certainly hoping to get it there before any snow flies in my area.

So that is all. Hope everyone's well. Seems like the COVID-19 #'s are going up all over the country. Yikes. Not a good sign. But in my own very light research, as it relates to the history of pandemics, there's not once been a "3rd wave". Ever. Of any kind of pandemic.

So hopefully all of us everywhere can manage through what is appearing to be the onset of the "2nd wave" and we can all come out of it ok.

fingers crossed

ridered74

Never been a huge fan of turtlenecks myself.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

SM105K

Quote from: ridered74 on October 22, 2020, 12:16:01 AM
Never been a huge fan of turtlenecks myself.

Like Archer, I wear tactinecks.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

10/23/2020.......

Awe yeah baby. Lookie lookie at what was delivered to my doorstep just now.

Blazing fast turn around from Uwe over at Xtreme DI.

From invoicing (& me paying said invoice immediately) to packing/shipping and delivery to my door.... a scant, blazing fast 3 days!

Big thanks to Uwe Ostmann over @ XDI.

Super excited to be implementing these inconjunction with the (previously purchased) XDI HPFP60 for my re-build.

**does a happy dance**

More updates as they occur. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

bpd1151

11/18/2020.....

Had a chance to speak with the builder yesterday on a newly released product for the platform (a higher volume oil pump) inquiring if that was/is something I should be incorporating into my build.

After discussing, was told at least for me specifically (due to other work already done) to just stick with the OEM part.

That said, the update here today is just to let the community know that the builder has been making progress on other projects of his, and he reported that he has been meeting with success, the making of room in his shop in order to accept the shell of my car into his facility.

He said "likely in a couple of weeks" (from now).

So I was happy with that tidbit of news. Otherwise, not much going on. Have been in a holding pattern since the last update due to the above.

Hope everyone's well, healthy, and safe. Try to enjoy whatever semblance of a Thanksgving y'all can. Cheers

bpd1151

02/06/2021......

Well my build thread's been very quiet if any of you have noticed.

Why? Well wasn't really much for me to post.

After the motor was completed (back in October 2020) I've been spending the better part of 4 months now, trying to get some answers, any answers out of / from my long time mechanic friend regarding the transmission.

After a myriad of excuses, and delay upon delay he finally returned my OEM transmission to me on 01/22/2021.

Despite what I had been told previously, and then re-assured that work was performed on it, I have since confirmed that the transmission was never once touched, opened, inspected, or even worked on this entire time that he has had it in his possession. Which counting back now, was the better part of 20 months now. Ugh.

I'm really at a loss. I've been with him now for 18+ years and he has witnessed all 3 of my kids not only grow up, but has been instrumental in maintaining our fleet of cars during that entire time frame.

Customarily one would be really like super IDK..... pissed off at this, right? But I find myself more so feeling sorry for him. 2020 was not kind to him. It would not be appropriate for me to expound, or go into great detail. Not really for public consumption. Suffice to say, he is not well and appears to be struggling through numerous personal and business issues as a result. I wish him well and have left the door open to assisting him, if I even can.

That said and moving along, in the same breath, I must completely acknowledge and thank Max Power for immediately stepping into his place and offering to complete the SHO project. Continued custom fabrication work, final assembly, and even arranging for tuning when that time comes. They continue to impress me repeatedly and I can't thank them enough.

Max Power has communicated with an entirely new, and separate trans vendor, one that he personally vouched for, and spoke very highly of to take up this aspect of the project and run with it.

That new trans vendor has picked up my SHO transmission on 01/29/2021 and has already gone to town on it.

Here are some pictures of how the transmission appeared, when it was dropped off by the mechanic, to Max Power. Just ugly to see. I have no idea what happened during that entire time. In the next post, I'll place pictures of the trans disassembled.......

bpd1151

02/06/2021 (continued part 2)......

Yesterday, 01/05/2021, I received these pictures from Max Power. They were sent to him by the new trans vendor.

I was told my trans definitely showed some signs of wear, but he said for the abuse it was put through, that it was not really that bad at all. Especially for what it was put through.

The main clutches looked like they're burnt. 2nd gear looked worn. It was also mentioned that convertor lockup material was found in the trans as well. So the OEM Torque Convertor was likely showing signs of failure also. But again, overall, not bad all things considered. I was told that my extreme regimen / maintenance proved beneficial in it lasting as long as it did.

So thus far, the solenoid pack assembly has been replaced. All pistons, filter, speed sensors, etc. replaced. Essentially  acomplete overhaul kit has been performed thus far.

I'll be entertaining suggestions on how to proceed as far as any upgrades, or strengthening what can be strengthened as the vendor does more digging and reports back accordingly.

But that's pretty much it for now. I am elated to be back on track, again thanks entirely to Max Power. I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge wanting to throw in the towel and just be done with this crap. But I leaned on a close friend and fellow SHO owner for guidance, and an objective look at the situation overall and that helped me tremendously in getting my excitement about this project renewed and reenergized.

I hope to provide more regular updates in the near future. Thank you for everyone's continued support and understanding. As well as putting up with the long reads.

Whew!

BlueSHO

Thanks for the update.
Is this the same "mechanic" that put the trans cooler in my SHO?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Quote from: BlueSHO on February 07, 2021, 02:46:23 AM
Thanks for the update.

It is indeed.

Really hoping he gets better and comes back around. He's super talented. Unfortunate and disheartening to bear witness too.

BlueSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on February 07, 2021, 02:48:29 AM
Quote from: BlueSHO on February 07, 2021, 02:46:23 AM
Thanks for the update.

It is indeed.

Really hoping he gets better and comes back around. He's super talented. Unfortunate and disheartening to bear witness too.

Hope so seemed very knowledgeable.
Stay safe and it's a cold one out there tonight..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

R.I.P. Matthew Hencinski

Owner of Finishline Cars - Plainfield, IL.

WOW! What an incredibly strange turn of events.

I just learned that my long time mechanic friend passed away yesterday, 02/07/21.

I don't have any details, but what a loss.

Condolences to his surviving family. Particularly his young children. As well as to his coworkers, his employees, friends, etc.