• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

bpd1151

10/08/2020.....

Got a hearty laugh out of this email I recieved today (see attached screenshot).

Top dollar they say, huh? LOL

Wonder how much a shell of a 2010 Taurus SHO runs for nowadays? She has a great audio set up in her, and a slew of other new parts to boot.

But missing an engine and trans seems would diminish their "top dollar" offer. Ha!

If I wasn't so busy today, I'd chuck down a few more beers and call them up just for entertainment purposes mind you.

Just wanted to share the laugh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 08, 2020, 03:13:01 PM
10/08/2020.....

Got a hearty laugh out of this email I recieved today (see attached screenshot).

Top dollar they say, huh? LOL

Wonder how much a shell of a 2010 Taurus SHO runs for nowadays? She has a great audio set up in her, and a slew of other new parts to boot.

But missing an engine and trans seems would diminish their "top dollar" offer. Ha!

If I wasn't so busy today, I'd chuck down a few more beers and call them up just for entertainment purposes mind you.

Just wanted to share the laugh.

Hahaha yeah I'm curious what there top dollar offer would be. I doubt they know what you have done to the car and for the scene.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Twintrbskies

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 06, 2020, 09:20:49 PM
10/06/2020.......

Well now. It's been a long minute since I've updated all here.

But I was graciously "allowed" to stop by the engine builder's facility today.

Prior to stopping by, I was asked to bring the following over to the shop:

GH upgraded TC
Reactor Products 1 off custom flywheel
The XDI HPFP60

Which, I must say, that request alone was exciting in and of itself. Why?

Well sh!t on me, that's forward progress lady's and gentlemen.

That said, I also was told that a yet to be disclosed product had arrived recently as well. These are new to the market (like new being within the last 8mo.'s or so).

No f**king specs or details (purposely done so).....however, the pics speak for themselves as far as the observable differences! Ha!

I'm *ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT* these will facilitate me recapturing *BOTH* the speed, and the power records that I previously held for many years.

No dyno queen here biotches. This s***'s for real, and it's gonna happen. Rest assured on that.

That said, onto the updated pics for all of you whores to ogle at.....

muahahahaha

Engine pics 1st. Then a side by side comparo of the ATP turbo's, next to the new "big boy" turbos from GARRETT. As well as a couple of up close and personal pics of the new "big boy" turbos as well.

Super exciting! Happy for you man! Pretty much no holds barred on this build.

I have to say, lol I have never seen so much ***ing words from you in the last few years. Now I know your getting excited to get her back together!! Cant wait!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

SHO NVS

Wow, this is going to be a monster!  Can't wait to see it all done!
2013 SHO PP, 3BAR MAP, Gearhead Tune, EPP CAI, 170* Thermo, JLT Catch Can, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, PPE Catted Downpipes, Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, SSM Motor Mounts, Gearhead Intercooler, Gearhead Upgraded Turbos, Noise Maker Delete, Boomba Racing BOV

bpd1151

10/10/2020......

Whoring myself out once again (& perfectly happy to do so).....

Took advantage of the incredibly nice weather this weekend (Summer of 2020's likely last gasp here in the Midwest) to install my current engine builder's company logo (Max Power Automotive) onto the rear of my SHO's windshield.

Kind of challenging to take proper pics, as there's not much room behind the car and where it's positioned within my garage.

But one gets the point.

Anyhow, should be good for like 100hp+ right?

Bwahahahahaha

ridered74

Quote from: bpd1151 on October 11, 2020, 02:04:33 PM
10/10/2020......

Took advantage of the incredibly nice weather this weekend (Summer of 2020's likely last gasp here in the Midwest) to install my current engine builder's company logo (Max Power Automotive) onto the rear of my SHO's windshield.

Kind of challenging to take proper pics, as there's not much room behind the car and where it's positioned within my garage.

But one gets the point.

Bwahahahahaha

As big as it is I would imagine it's good for closer to +150 at the wheel.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

BlueSHO

10/10/2020......

But one gets the point.

Bwahahahahaha

Is there a certain amount of time your required to have that sunshade on there? Lol That's the largest "decal" I've seen on a rear window

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Just large enough for people to read it.

Even if briefly.

It'll grow smaller, and smaller, the further I drive away from people. Ha.

mjhpadi

And the entire car dies get smaller. I have personally witnessed as he has driven away from me on several occasions!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

802SHO

10/10/2020......

But one gets the point.

Bwahahahahaha

Mike you gotta kill the chrome!  Color match it white that would he dope!!!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

Quote from: 802SHO on October 15, 2020, 07:30:40 PMMike you gotta kill the chrome!  Color match it white that would he dope!!!!

Meh.........

Not sure about that.

I actually like the chrome.

It's small enough to not be so overwhelming, but more complimentary in design.

It plays off the exhaust tips, and the center caps on the TSW wheels, to tie it in altogether so to speak. Albeit in a subtle way at that.

Appreciate the suggestion though.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bamsho

Remember Mike has to something to polish, while he gives something a break.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on October 16, 2020, 02:01:14 PM
Remember Mike has to have something to polish, while he gives something a break.
Well of course.

Luckily I have my ummm.....my errrr......

My pet turtle!!!