• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

09/06/2020......

Well a bit of welcome news, if not surprising news.....

Engine builder just sent this text to me within the last hour.......

So now to just get the transmission vendor motivated to finish up on his end and then re-install can at least begin! Woo Hoo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

09/07/2020.....

Another surprise notification from my long time mechanic friend.

He informed me that the transmission vendor returned his phone call, inquiring on the status of the upgraded trans for my SHO.

He was told to expect it to be completed this week. Possibly by this coming Wednesday (09/09/20).

So super excited about that. I did ask if the vendor could supply me with the intimate details of what work was performed. Not only for personal knowledge therein, but equally as important for the tuning vendor when it comes time to/for tuning this developing beast of build.

My pal said he would speak with the vendor again (presumably when the vendor goes to freight it back to his shop) and pass along that query of mine.

Just thought to pass along (yet another) pleasant and surprising developing breadcrumb of news.

Hope everyone's enjoyed their long, Labor Day holiday weekend. I myself am glad I am off today. I've worked 7 of the last 8 consecutive days. I need a break.

Keep staying tuned as more info seems to be on the verge of forthcoming. Thanks for the reads/likes/etc.

------bpd1151

bpd1151

09/11/2020......

Worked the last few days since the last update. Didn't have time to re-post.

Anyhow, received pics from the engine builder and still waiting on the final assembly pics to arrive in my inbox. But I'll share as soon they arrive.

In the interim, a few of the short block assembly having been completed to ogle at for the time being.

No info, or update(s) to share on the transmission front. My long time mechanic friend has been battling with some fairly serious health issues. I'm sending prayers his way so that he successfully recovers/manages from them quickly and safely.

Again, I always share as the info is provided to me. Somber day today. I myself am having reflections of the importance of today's history and the events that unfolded 19 years ago. I created a separate thread on that and I appreciate those that have replied to that, as well as having taken the time to read and reply to this ongoing rebuild thread.

God bless America and all of it's people. No matter the political affiliation, background, ethnicity, education, etc.

We can all do better. Myself included. Stay safe and stay tuned. More updates always forthcoming.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 11, 2020, 07:14:57 PM
09/11/2020......

Worked the last few days since the last update. Didn't have time to re-post.

Anyhow, received pics from the engine builder and still waiting on the final assembly pics to arrive in my inbox. But I'll share as soon they arrive.

In the interim, a few of the short block assembly having been completed to ogle at for the time being.

No info, or update(s) to share on the transmission front. My long time mechanic friend has been battling with some fairly serious health issues. I'm sending prayers his way so that he successfully recovers/manages from them quickly and safely.

Again, I always share as the info is provided to me. Somber day today. I myself am having reflections of the importance of today's history and the events that unfolded 19 years ago. I created a separate thread on that and I appreciate those that have replied to that, as well as having taken the time to read and reply to this ongoing rebuild thread.

God bless America and all of it's people. No matter the political affiliation, background, ethnicity, education, etc.

We can all do better. Myself included. Stay safe and stay tuned. More updates always forthcoming.

That is a beautiful sight for sure! Glad to see things are finally getting put back together after the extensive rework this block has seen and heads although not pictured. I am quite curious though.. there are no tooling marks? I thought that was the "mark" of all great builders?! LOL...

I CANNOT WAIT to see this come to completion! Any word on the trans yet?

bpd1151

09/17/20......

Eek.... I did not realize the engine builder was on vacation again. I have been texting him since the last update for any addt'l pics and then called him today since the texts went unanswered.

Now I feel bad I interrupted him (albeit unknowingly on my part). That said, he was gracious enough to reach out to his partner (who's still at the shop diligently working in the builder's absence) & I was sent the following updated images just a little bit ago.

Enjoy. As I thanked the builder for providing these, I in the same step w/o skipping a beat, told him that it's almost a shame to assemble and install this as all of the efforts undertaken thus far, will not be readily seen.

He's excited though, as am I, at the prospects of what this beast of a build is anticipated to produce.

Happy motoring everyone. Hope everyone's safe, virus free, and managing all of life's ups and downs successfully and in stride.

More info forthcoming. As always, stay tuned.....

ZSHO

STELLAR Quality Craftmanship @ its finest Bpd1151!  :)  Bore seems to be spot on!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: 
I'm looking forward to the final stages. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

10/06/2020.......

Well now. It's been a long minute since I've updated all here.

But I was graciously "allowed" to stop by the engine builder's facility today.

Prior to stopping by, I was asked to bring the following over to the shop:

GH upgraded TC
Reactor Products 1 off custom flywheel
The XDI HPFP60

Which, I must say, that request alone was exciting in and of itself. Why?

Well sh!t on me, that's forward progress lady's and gentlemen.

That said, I also was told that a yet to be disclosed product had arrived recently as well. These are new to the market (like new being within the last 8mo.'s or so).

No f**king specs or details (purposely done so).....however, the pics speak for themselves as far as the observable differences! Ha!

I'm *ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT* these will facilitate me recapturing *BOTH* the speed, and the power records that I previously held for many years.

No dyno queen here biotches. This s***'s for real, and it's gonna happen. Rest assured on that.

That said, onto the updated pics for all of you whores to ogle at.....

muahahahaha

Engine pics 1st. Then a side by side comparo of the ATP turbo's, next to the new "big boy" turbos from GARRETT. As well as a couple of up close and personal pics of the new "big boy" turbos as well.

StealBlueSho

Is that a completed motor I see!??!?! And whats up with those turbines?!?!! MOAR POWER BABY!!

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on October 06, 2020, 09:32:07 PM
Is that a completed motor I see!??!?! And whats up with those turbines?!?!! MOAR POWER BABY!!

Forward progress.

Still lots to get accomplished, but yes, almost done (with the motor at least).

ridered74

Dang, we're measuring our turbos with nickels and dimes and you'll be measuring yours with silver dollars.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

802SHO

Fricken awesome and amazing!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

802SHO

32% WGDC 35 psi here you come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

I'm still super curious about the PTU and Trans holding up....

If whatever secret sauce used there holds it all together, my rig will be on the first car carrier out to have it done too...

bpd1151

10/07/2020......

Another exciting update (well one I consider exciting) I got a chance to chat with Mr. Ostmann, owner of XDI earlier today.

Super appreciative of his time, as well as his offer to extend discounted pricing/sponsorship on his company's latest and greatest upgraded fuel injectors.

So happy to be running BOTH his company's HPFP and now INJECTORS too!

Nice to have a seamless product offering across the board that will fuel the monster being developed. Thank you Mr. Ostmann!

Moving along, I will be placing my very slightly used (approximately 300 miles worth of very gentle use in total) Deatschwerks Injectors FOR SALE soon (in a separate thread).

I did have the DW's inspected, cleaned and flow balanced by Injector Experts (Ohio) as I was planning on re-using them myself, until the new injector offerings became available through XDI.

Nice to see so much excitement and enthusiasm about this build. I appreciate everyone's continued interest. A big big project as you all well know, and projects like this just take time. Plain and simple.

As always, keep staying tuned......