• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

06/30/2020.....

Phenolic Spacer for the Intake plenum arrived today. Yeah baby!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 30, 2020, 02:03:47 PM
06/30/2020.....

Phenolic Spacer for the Intake plenum arrived today. Yeah baby!

Very nice!  I submitted payment for mine today! 

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Twintrbskies

Very nice! Should have mine on in a couple days.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

bpd1151

07/14/2020.......

Recieved a few updates from the engine builder, as well as couple of pics to ogle at.

I have details on things that have been completed, but am tactfully choosing to withhold for the time being, as I know I have a couple of competitor's lying in wait.

Suffice to say, I have a few other secret squirrelly things going on in the background, that has even the engine builder fairly excited.

To quote him accurately.... "It is going to be one wild motor" -----Matt P. (owner of Max Power Automotive).

Just a teaser of an update for all y'all.

Hope everyone's well and that this update finds everyone safe and managing all the Country's crisis's.

6500rpm

Looks much better than the old one, how bout you trade me for a nice shinny new Glock (  ;
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SHO_Off

I couldn't really find anything in here maybe I missed it, what are your plans for the trans being as it can only hold about 720 chp?

4sfed

Quote from: SHO_Off on July 16, 2020, 03:22:19 PM
I couldn't really find anything in here maybe I missed it, what are your plans for the trans being as it can only hold about 720 chp?

Prayer.  :)
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

bpd1151

Quote from: SHO_Off on July 16, 2020, 03:22:19 PM
Great question!

I haven't been provided with a whole heckuva lot of details on this. However, my long time mechanic friend/pal (who also coincidentally referred me to my current engine builder) has passed along a very few, generic details on this very subject matter.

Now allow me to preface the following with the fact that I had experienced ZERO ISSUES with my original trans (which had about 81k on the clock, and a multitude of track runs, street light drags, as well as DD duties that entire mileage).

But obviously with my targeted goal of "around 1k CHP" I knew damn well I'd be remiss in at least not addressing some aspect(s) of a trans upgrade. No matter what that would entail.

Sooooooo..... I have heard they did a valve upgrade. I also have been told they machined out the drum to install more and/or better clutch packs/clutch plates (for greater clamping force). I also heard they are trying to fabricate a custom pump, as my original presented signs of "minor scoring".

I have purchased the upgraded TC from GH, which is waiting install and collecting dust in my garage.

I also was able to (recently) pioneer the very 1st flywheel upgrade for the platform, which is rated to an SP21 standard, and is also now resting comfortably in my garage and collecting dust/awaiting install.

I also purchased a brand new PTU (one with a drain) and had that sent off for WPC treatment to strengthen all the internals, even though my original PTU was completely fine and problem free.

Sooooooooo I believe I am (at least on the front end) trying to do my best to attack percieved problems ahead of the fact, and hope those efforts therein, will prove beneficial.

Hopefully that answers at least some of any questions you may have...... ???

bpd1151

08/08/2020......

Small block's been completely assembled.

Heads and what not up next.

Still waiting on update(s) from trans vendor, and a couple of other things I have going on.

Hope everyone's safe, healthy, and enjoying the Summer as best as possible. All things considered.

StealBlueSho

Hopefully it will be assembled in its entirety here soon?! Thanks for the updates! Pictures will follow yes?

bpd1151

I've been hopeful for quite some time now.

LOL.

Pics are always posted shortly after, if not immediately after they are provided to me.

So no worries there.

bpd1151

08/21/20......

Not anything of real significance mind you....

But I did receive the new 'SHO' battery tie down today.

Neat piece and happy the font is correct.

I do have something of significance though that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow however. Excited about that arrival.

Yes, I'll repost. Otherwise, no other news quite yet on any other aspects.

Thanks for staying tuned!

bpd1151

08/22/20.......

So something arrived yesterday, albeit AFTER I had left for work already. However.....

https://youtu.be/lHpHxLZReiI

bpd1151

08/23/20.....

So today, I opened her up.

Woo Hoo! An XDI60 HPFP!!!!

I guess Bam-SHO won't be the only one getting himself in on some Xtreme D!!!

***side note, thanks to Easton (SM105k) for purchasing my (very) slightly used HPFP from that "other" vendor (the lower 35 version). The arrangement helped us both out and I am excited to have another piece of the puzzle awaiting install/use.

SM105K

Good times buddy. Everyone is winning....duh....
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |