• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I'm wicked excited to see not only see this beast back together but also the power numbers it can produce.  Alpha Predator!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

12/12/19.......

A few more pics of front bumper cover and the upper/lower grilles having been repaired/repainted.

Was told the custom splitter is being prepped for paint today, and should be being mounted to the existing lower chin spoiler/ bumper cover soon. Exciting!!

Really happy with how it's turned out thus far. Removing the old paint protection film was quite the undertaking.

After the proper curing time, I plan on using a newer and better product from "Xpel" for paint protection film.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Code AiR

Oohhh my!! I didn't know I was coming into a wet dream by clicking on this post! Amazing work, thankful to see someone traveling down uncharted paths with this platform.
Ignorance is curable (with knowledge), stupidity is not.

bamsho

Quote from: Code AiR on December 12, 2019, 07:54:39 PM
Oohhh my!! I didn't know I was coming into a wet dream by clicking on this post! Amazing work, thankful to see someone traveling down uncharted paths with this platform.

Don't get him all hot and bothered.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on December 12, 2019, 08:23:21 PMDon't get him all hot and bothered.

Well now that you're here BAM.....

I can't help myself. Too late.

802SHO

So fresh and so clean!  A league of its own!  So much detail into this, it's amazing how nice this platform can be made to look!  She needs to be on full display, rotating in circles, showing off all her glossy curves for all of us to drool over. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

bpd1151

12/13/19.......

Front bumper nearly complete, w/splitter installed. They're just finishing up placing that protective stripping on the outer edge. Turned out better than I hoped! So sharp!

Also, heard from my own personal mechanic today, who provided very little info after hearing from trans vendor. Said overall, trans was/is, in surprisingly great shape. Which I was relieved to hear. Vendor said he noticed some small scoring in the trans pump itself, and moving forward, has begun looking around for what can be done to upgrade it. Said a brand new pump alone from Ford was/is a tick over $1k. Vendor told him there were/are upgraded clutches available, and will be used given the stated (& hopeful) goals of power/torque. So that was it. I thanked him for what he was able to find out. Even if it was limited in scope. Least I know that that front is (finally) moving forward as well.

Downpipes scheduled to arrive via UPS today. Also went and had all the intake plumbing, and hot pipes re-powered coated so those'll look all purdy and shiny and new.

SM105K

LIKE I SAID OVER THERE.....

DAMN THAT LOOKS SHARP.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Gjkrisa

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 13, 2019, 12:15:58 PM
12/13/19.......

Front bumper nearly complete, w/splitter installed. They're just finishing up placing that protective stripping on the outer edge. Turned out better than I hoped! So sharp!

Also, heard from my own personal mechanic today, who provided very little info after hearing from trans vendor. Said overall, trans was/is, in surprisingly great shape. Which I was relieved to hear. Vendor said he noticed some small scoring in the trans pump itself, and moving forward, has begun looking around for what can be done to upgrade it. Said a brand new pump alone from Ford was/is a tick over $1k. Vendor told him there were/are upgraded clutches available, and will be used given the stated (& hopeful) goals of power/torque. So that was it. I thanked him for what he was able to find out. Even if it was limited in scope. Least I know that that front is (finally) moving forward as well.

Downpipes scheduled to arrive via UPS today. Also went and had all the intake plumbing, and hot pipes re-powered coated so those'll look all purdy and shiny and new.

So I just messaged the guy that made that boosted 350r plate I was asking if he could make one with the twin turbo ram horns and he said he has a picture of a Taurus already that he uses for the Subaru guys that I think maybe better and have it say Taurus underneath. Just because I want to be more stealth about being turbo.
Problem though is the Subaru star works for me because I own a Subaru also and have love for Subaru so I kinda like it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bpd1151

Addt'l for 12/13/19......

***BONUS***

DP's from PPE, w/ the subsequent 2500 degree JET-HOT thermal coating arrived today.

Also, picked up the newly re-powder coated intake piping and hot pipes.

Didn't want to remove any of it from the plastic wrap, but you get the idea....

And yes, I must be glutton for a punishment as I had everything done in white. Oh boy.

My OCD will really be tested when it comes to detailing moving forward. Ha!

ZSHO

Bpd1151 - Awesome sauce to the mix indeed. Z  :thumb: :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

802SHO

Front end looks Absolutely Menacing!

The amount of custom work into your build is staggering!

Gjkrisa

Be very interesting to see how the ceramic does for staying clean under a vehicle

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

bamsho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 14, 2019, 02:29:21 AM
Be very interesting to see how the ceramic does for staying clean under a vehicle

For the bigger car shows that Mike attends, they will stay clean.  The judges are very picky.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: bamsho on December 14, 2019, 09:01:09 AMFor the bigger car shows that Mike attends, they will stay clean.  The judges are very picky.

^^^This is actually VERY TRUE^^^

When you have a team of judges, each assigned to a specific area of focus, that either check off, or rate on a scale those assigned areas, it can get very nitpicky.

Even more challenging when a car is a top contender. As they tabulate scores, and narrow the field, teams will go back and re-visit let's say the top 3 point earners, they scrutinize those same top 3 a 2nd time, being even more critical the second time around.

It's interesting to watch. I've learned a lot over the years. Not just with this project car either. Good call Brian.