• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

bpd1151's 2010 SHO Rebuild Thread....

Started by bpd1151, July 24, 2019, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

I remember reading about the infamous Racoon encounter you had.  I believe it's in your "How To" install the Front Chin Spoiler.  That's crazy. 

I started learning how to tint windows 4 years ago, I "figured" that 3M stuff should come off.
I didn't know they had issues before but I've had plenty of fun trying to remove headlight and taillight film.  Seems like they go overboard with the adhesive as I've had the film seperate from the adhesive while trying to remove it leaving ALL of the adhesive.  Working it slowly with a steamer seems to be the way.

Like you said, perfect timing bc its getting repainted anyway!  I think that qualifies as a win win.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

BlueSHO

There's Xpel on our 16 SHO that's been perfect. Also on the 18 Hellcat.. Very good product..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

bpd1151

Excellent! Always great hearing testimony based upon personal knowledge/experience.

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bpd1151

12/05/19...... 

CUSTOM EXHAUST MANIFOLDS!

Jigs are being set up now, and exhaust manifolds are being prepped to be all cut up and rebuilt from scratch. All by hand!

Machine shop owner stated that he can, and I quote "most definitely can make more in the future". So good news on that front for those of you interested in investing in a future mod. No price point obviously, as it is way to early in the game for that, and no, I am not disclosing what the estimate is for me alone. Sorry. But not really. LOL.

For reference, 1/2" thick steel as support and a 3/4" inch thick base plate. Nice!!!!

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 05, 2019, 05:44:19 PM
12/05/19...... 

CUSTOM EXHAUST MANIFOLDS!

Jigs are being set up now, and exhaust manifolds are being prepped to be all cut up and rebuilt from scratch. All by hand!

Machine shop owner stated that he can, and I quote "most definitely can make more in the future". So good news on that front for those of you interested in investing in a future mod. No price point obviously, as it is way to early in the game for that, and no, I am not disclosing what the estimate is for me alone. Sorry. But not really. LOL.

For reference, 1/2" thick steel as support and a 3/4" inch thick base plate. Nice!!!!

So sick!  First ever upgraded exhaust manifolds!  When your SHO is done it needs to be featured in a magazine...among other places.
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

bpd1151

@ 802...... Thanks man. One never knows what the future holds for her. Although being in print would be stellar! It's uncharted territory for sure.

Will keep thread updated accordingly.

Meanwhile, I'm out in the garage working on the middle child's new to her '14 Focus SE w/ "appearance package" that we picked up for her last Saturday. 43k on the clock. New rotors and pads installed. New tires. Fluids swapped and washed it. Thoroughly. Including detailing engine bay and interior. Had windows tinted @ 20% for her. Getting ready to wax and detail exterior now. Fun little car.

This, in comparison to mine, that's hibernating on the other side of the garage, collecting dust and dismantled as expected.

**SIGH**. Someday baby, we'll get her road worthy once again.

802SHO

That's a nice looking Focus.  Window tint really makes it look so cool.  That's one lucky kiddo.

Seeing your SHO like that is strange.  Its not right.  Engine gone, covered in dust.....

Going to wake up one pissed off Bull!

SM105K

Yep the Focus is a pretty amazing little car. I love my ST, and it hauls the mail for what it is.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

12/06/19.......

1st exhaust manifold jig complete.

All set to now to gut it open, reduce it to the flanges only, then build it back up from scratch incorporating a tubular design.

6500rpm

It was my understanding that the manifolds were a two piece design (inner and outer shells), and that the inner was prone on some years to delaminating and being ingested by the turbo? Are they removing the inner portion, leaving only the outer shell and flanges?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

nickstewartroc

Quote from: 6500rpm on December 09, 2019, 04:34:27 PM
It was my understanding that the manifolds were a two piece design (inner and outer shells), and that the inner was prone on some years to delaminating and being ingested by the turbo? Are they removing the inner portion, leaving only the outer shell and flanges?
They're making completely new manifolds
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

bpd1151

Quote from: nickstewartroc on December 09, 2019, 04:36:46 PMThey're making completely new manifolds

Correct. A completely new, hand built / fab'd tubular design. 1st to the platform to my knowledge.

I'm not the mathematician in regard to this, but my own observation of the carbon rings burned in on either side of the flanges where they mount, showed at least a 1/4" of obstruction where the air is literally hitting a steel wall. That will be eliminated entirely from my understanding with the new manifolds.

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

12/11/19.......

Intake manifold has been completed. In its' entirety and has been sent to powder coater.

Have been told that in order to aid in atomization of the Methanol, an 80 grit medium finish was chosen for final finishing.

Also, the one image with the bore scope is verification that the welding did *NOT* burn through.

Can't wait to see it returned from the powder coater. Impressive work to say the least.

In addition to the above, I heard from the body shop separately this morning and the bumper cover is being painted today with the proper "UG" paint code. I asked for more pics as the progress continues on that front. So hopefully more forthcoming as requested.

Hope everyone's well. Keep staying tuned!!

bpd1151

Addt'l on 12/11/19......

**BONUS!!**

Just checked email and it appears the DP's that PPE fabricated for me, and then sent off to JET-HOT for their 2500 degree thermal ceramic coating are also done in their entirety, and have shipped out one day earlier than scheduled! Sweet!

(image edited to block out tracking #).

I'll snap some pics once they arrive.